Malibu Beach Resort(North Redington Beach)
USD 90
USD 88
Island House Resort(North Redington Beach)
USD 84
USD 76
The Hotel Sol(Redington Beach)
USD 112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 125/night.

USD 213
USD 151
Sun Burst Inn(Indian Shores)
USD 147
USD 119
Holiday Isles Resort(Madeira Beach)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Beach Suites Resort(Madeira Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 112
Orbitz.com
Redington Surf Resort(North Redington Beach)
Coral Shores Resort(North Redington Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
2,843 results
All reviewsmangos restaurantdouble treegulf viewwarm cookiesbreakfast buffetdoubletree beach resortgreat beachtop floorgulf of mexicoparking garagebeach chairsjohn's passocean frontspring breakthe entire staffpete beachtiki
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here from Sunday to Saturday and really enjoyed the experience! North Redington Beach is a nice and laid back area - we appreciated the lack of high rise condos and busy streets.

Our room was a decent sized hotel room with two queens. The beds were comfortable. The mini fridge is a nice addition and made for cold beverages to take down to the beach. The air conditioning flipping on is loud though - that took some getting used to. We were supplied with plenty of towels in the room. We were able to pick morning or afternoon maid service, which I liked being able to do. Only a couple days was it not done in the exact stated timeframe but nothing that impeded our day. We did spring for a top floor gulf view and the sunset views were fantastic. The elevators did not like having more than 4-5 adults in them; we ran into issues with skipping floors when the elevator was full.

The beach there is great. The cabanas are very reasonable and the guy running that business is friendly and personable. The hotel supplies beach and pool towels. There’s also a large box of community sand toys available as well, which my kids took advantage of. The water is not very deep and you can get fairly far from shore any only be in waist deep water.

We enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast and the tiki bar for drinks and lunch. I appreciated the bartender that looked up a Cayman lemonade for me and made it without hesitation all day. We would spend the days at the beach until four or five and then head up to the room to clean up and find dinner down the street. While there weren’t a ton of beach sports, you could run to John’s Pass or Clearwater to do more if desired - we wanted to relax and unwind and were able to do so here!

We hope to return here someday!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Pool holds 19 max according to sign. My neighbor’s pool is larger. I can’t believe how tiny the pool is. You have to wake up early if you want a seat. Room wasn’t renovated and fan was super loud. You could either turn it off and have no AC or listen to a plane take off. You can’t hear the tv when the ac kicks on. The soda machine gives you water no matter what soda you choose. It was like that all week. If three people are at the tiki bar and Erika is working, she won’t wait on you until three more people come up and then she’ll wait on you after that only if you yell out. Only good thing was renting cabanas from Kevin on the beach and you don’t have to stay here to do that. Spent a fortune and got treated like crap.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Carrie C
TerryGM, General Manager at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you felt during your stay with us. With it being our busiest time of the year along with beautiful weather, most of our guests enjoy taking advantage of our pool which can lead to crowded moments. We are also in the process of updating our hotel, but we do apologize for any frustrations you encountered during your visit. However, we are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the cabanas and our beautiful beach. Once again, we apologize for any inconveniences, and we do hope you'll return in the future and give us another chance to serve you.

Terry Graber, GM

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This hotel was ridiculously over priced for the value and certainly took advantage of the Spring Break rush. Our room was $500-$600 per night, ouch! Our room was ocean view, but unfortunately directly above the outdoor bar so our balcony view was not private at all and was loud and slightly awkward when we sat out there. The rooms outside our door/hallway were 'under construction' and in them middle of a wallpaper strip process along with drywall sanding and general construction. (really? during spring break with $500-$600 per night??). On the upside, the beach was great! and the restaurant staff did a very good job with Gluten Free options. Overall, i would not recommend or go back.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid the noise of the outdoor bar & pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff G
TerryGM, General Manager at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you felt during your stay with us. Our hotel is currently undergoing updates; although we do our best to keep our guests informed during this process, we do understand your frustration. We do appreciate your kind words regarding our beach location and our Mangos Restaurant, and are glad to learn that you enjoyed these aspects of the property. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your visit, and we do hope you'll return again in the future and give us another chance to serve you.

Terry Graber, GM

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It was inevitable, but after 20 some reviews, this will be the first truly negative review I have had to write. I travel regularly for business and pleasure and I was extremely disappointed with this hotel and my stay. The experience was so poor that we elected to leave after one day.

As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I have never felt so poorly treated or valued. We booked our stay through the Hilton app, utilizing points, about six months in advance. Upon check in through the app, I was not afforded the opportunity to select my room as I usually am allowed to but instead it was predetermined to be on the second floor overlooking the parking lot and Gulf Boulevard. While I did not reserve a gulf side room and completely expected to overlook Gulf Boulevard, I at least expected to be placed on one of the Hilton Honors floors. When I inquired to be moved, and even pay a $75 upcharge, I was informed that there were no rooms available the next day. Interestingly, the Hilton app showed something different, that there were rooms available the next day, including on the gulf side.

The room was a combination of oddities that proved to provide little sleep throughout the night. The refrigerator, while nice to have, ran extremely loud. When the air conditioner ran, that was also very loud. To make matters worse, there was obviously a broken seal in the sliding glass door, or it would simply not shut properly, but the wind caused a loud whistle throughout the entire night. The next morning I voiced my concerns to the front desk who informed me that the manager would not be in until 9:00 AM but she would contact me after her arrival. After an hour of not hearing back, I made the decision to check out and move to another property. Upon checkout, the front desk individual who remembered me went back to speak with the manager who did not even have the decency to come out to speak with me directly. That ensured in my mind that we made the right decision to check out.

Based on this experience, I can only surmise that I was specifically placed on the floor and room I was in because I did book on points. Being is the hospitality industry; customer service, the customer experience and loyalty should be paramount. This is something that this hotel apparently does not understand. I suspect loyalty to them is one sided, that the member should be loyal to the Hilton brand but do not expect it on a reciprocal basis particularly if booking on points. What they do not understand is points are based on member accumulation by choosing to stay at Hilton properties. Reading through the reviews of this property, I have noticed a similar trend with other Hilton Honors members regarding their benefits, etc. This stay has made me question the value of remaining in the Hilton Honors program.

I have the same loyalty status with Hyatt, Marriott and Starwood and have never been treated in such a disrespectful way. As a matter of fact, we used points at all three of those other chains throughout the length of our stay in Florida. Not only were we welcomed as valued status members at those properties upon arrival, accommodations were also made to preferred rooms, floors, views, etc. by the hotels and their staffs. They truly understand and appreciate the value of their programs and members. In addition, the day we left early, Starwood was very accommodating and worked with us to get in at their Sheraton property on Sand Key at the last minute. They truly exceeded customer expectations.

On a separate note, I do want to commend the staff at the restaurant. The servers we had for both dinner and breakfast were exceptional and the hostess was personable and friendly upon our arrival. Also during our breakfast, the restaurant manager inquired how we were doing and if we needed anything. This while constantly monitoring things to ensure the buffet was full, things were moving smoothly, a very nice touch by her during a busy morning.

To surmise based solely on our experience, I would not recommend this hotel to others especially if you are part of the Hilton Honors program. Or, if you are part of Hilton Honors program, do not expect to be recognized as such nor expect any of the benefits that you would normally receive at other Hilton properties, including other DoubleTree Hotels (of which I have stayed at many in other parts of the country and have always been well received).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank CDLMC
Lori R, Team Leader at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear CDLMC,

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. We always welcome Honors members of all levels and are very glad when they choose to stay with us. Our goal is to give exceptional service to all our guests. During digital check in, you chose the 2nd floor room you were checked into and which we are obligated to leave in place. During the Spring break season, we are at capacity with few upgrades available. Many of our sister hotels in the Hilton family and other brands in our area, do not run the same high occupancy levels our property runs. That aside, I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope you will give us another chance when you are in our area.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We spent two nights at this resort but did not sleep the whole time as Our room was located next to the elevator and laundry room. The washing machine was banging and vibrating all night and the elevator grinding. We paid $18.00 for cereal and coffee for breakfast!!!! This was supposed to be a Hilton Honors room.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank hazel o

Ms. Hazel O,

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. Our goal is to give exceptional service to all our guests. I could not find any notes on your having reported your concerns to the front desk after the first night. In the future when stay with us if order off the menu you can order cereal and coffee ala carte. We hope you will give us another chance to serve when you are in our area.