“Better Than Expected”

Mangos Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taste the tropics in Mangos Restaurant! Enjoy a casual yet elegant setting with views of the Gulf of Mexico from every seat as you dine indoors or outside on our Verandah and savor our award winning "Florida/Caribbean Cuisine". Spectacular sunsets give way to tiki torches, starlit skies and island music as you enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Beachside Tiki Bar which offers drinks, snacks, light lunches and dinners. Full Gluten Free Menus available for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. We Proudly Serve Starbucks Coffees & Teas.
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We opted to eat at this restaurant as we did not want to venture to far. I was surprised at the portion size as well as the overall taste. I had the New York Strip and I found it comparable to any other. I was expecting just average and received much more. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The outdoor dining here really can't be beat--right on the gulf beach with beautiful sunset views! The food, drinks, and food are all decent (you won't be disappointed). There is better tasting food in the area, but not a better view. It's definitely worth checking out at sunset and we've gone many times and will come back many more.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Unlike most hotel restaurants this one has a real chef. The food delivers on this promise. Some of the best grouper I've ever had. Great views of the beach. Even the bread was really good. Highly recommend the tropical grouper or stuffed shrimp.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We have visited this restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the food and the servers Dan and Daniel (2 separate men). The atmosphere is wonderful with outside eating by the Gulf, the inside is comfortable as well. Everything is clean and a variety of items are offered on the menu with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Stayed at the Doubletree for a week and had no reason to eat elsewhere. Food was excellent and when I want a Medium rare burger I want it Medium Rare. It was cooked to perfection. My wife just wanted some pasta and sauce which was not on the menu and they fixed her right up. Not a problem. The Friday Steak and fish buffet was quite a feast and fun to watch the chef grilling the steaks outside on the patio. There was also Blackened sword fish along with corn on the cob and more than I can list.
Mixed drinks like Hurricanes and Rum runners are 8.95 ea. and are pretty good.
Breakfast buffet was also excellent with scrambled eggs, Eggs Florentine, sausage, bacon and home fries and of course fruit and muffins. You can also order omelets and eggs made to order and they will bring them out to you.
For a restaurant in a hotel the prices were surprisingly inexpensive. 1/2 LB burgers around 12.00 with fries. Of course you can get steak but that is around 29.00 unless you wait till Friday Buffet then its only 21.00.
The staff is excellent and very attentive and we were always asked how our stay was going. Inside or outside dinning. You wont be disappointed.