“Bad Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Miami
North Miami, Florida, United States
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

My family always uses this hotel when they come to visit in Miami, FL. They have been coming to this hotel for about over five years or more. My family just recently came to visit for couple of days and everything was great, however on the last day of staying there an incident happen where my family member lost something very important to her in the room. When she went to the front desk to file a complaint, the front desk manger was not cooperating with her. The manger sent the supervisor of housekeeping to come look at the room. This individual came up with an attitude and was very rude to my family. She spoke roughly to my family which made the situation worst, also went and spoke to the other housekeepers in the hallway in different language about the issue. My family had to call the police to file a complaint because of this situation. My personal opinion is when working in any establishment that gives services to a guest or guests; you need to know how to handle certain situations. I advise anyone that comes to this hotel to be on high alerts. The staff here doesn't know how to treat the guest.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Duke E
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your satisfaction this time around as we certainly appreciate your business.

It is my understanding we have failed to handle the situation to you satisfaction. The intent of sending the Housekeeping supervisor to your room was so that we could help locate the item your family had misplaced, and the reason she spoke to the room attendant in a foreign language, (their native language) was solely to make sure she would entirely understand the situation, as again our intent was to find the item as we new how important it was for you. Unfortunately our staff was not able to locate the item in question between all the items scattered all over the floors. As your family was understandably upset, they slammed the door hitting the supervisor, as I assure you she did not intend to be rude at any moment, but rather got shaken by the episode. So at this time we have than offered to call the police for you, as surely we did not want to upset anyone else with our continue effort to find the item. Please accept our apologies, as we hope and believe your family has located the item.
It is our goal to provide our guests with the best experience possible, and we hope you consider giving us another change to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dexter, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Just spent 10 nights here while we moved a family member into the N miami area.
Room was comfortable and clean.
Staff was very friendly

Room Tip: pool side best view, might be a bit warm during summer.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KeithA149
B W, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Let me start with appreciation - staffs are courteous, considerate and always try their best to help, and room is clean.

However, the place shows age and lack of needed upgrades - if I have to guess, I think the owner is a very aggressive cost cutter, and unwilling to spend necessary funding to keep the place up to date. From its wifi network (break every other few hours), to its phone (80's style phone), etc, the place leaves a lot to be desired, despite a team of very helpful staffs.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank siyul

georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I spent a little over a year staying at this hotel, about every 4-6 weeks. I had a brother in hospice nearby. I'll be honest, it wasn't the greatest but it fulfilled the need. Always seemed like there was a problem, tv didn't work, patio doors didn't open, fire alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason, etc... Restaurant only has a minimal amount of food that is on the menu...great breakfast though! But it was clean and anytime there was a problem, usually taken care of right away. Staff is GREAT! It suited my need at the time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bobo67
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and
service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn the next time you are in North Miami. We look forward to your return.

essex,england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Florida trip.The hotel is pleasant,rooms clean although the decor is a bit dark and dingy and could do with brightening up a bit.All the staff we met were friendly and helpful.The location probably isn't the best but just a short drive away are the beaches and shops.There is a small restaurant adjoined to the hotel for a convenient place to have breakfast.The lady in there is sweet but the service was just painfully slow.If we had of stayed longer we would have gone over the road to Dennys instead.We didn't use the pool but it looked very nice and the area was well maintained,also plenty of car parking.When in the area again i would probably look for a hotel in a slightly better location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank luckyamerica36

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami
4.7 km away
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Marina
BEST WESTERN On The Bay Inn & Ma...
#1 of 1 in North Bay Village
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,621 reviews
10.8 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.2 km away
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
9.9 km away
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!