“Didn't stay”

Motel 6 North Fort Myers
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Reserved a king sized bed, non smoking room. Was given a room with two full sized beds. Returned to the desk and requested they honor my reservation for king. The clerk found a vacancy after several minutes and gave me a key. The room smelled awful, was dirty and the bed was full size, not king. We ended up asking for a refund and found another motel. I will say that the woman at the desk was kind and tried her best to be helpful.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 North Fort Myers

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Probably the worst accommodation we have ever stayed in (we have travelled Afghanistan and Eastern Europe!). We refused two rooms before settling on a third as there were no other options and it was too late to move on. The rooms are filthy and worn to the effect i think they are beyond repair. Furniture was either badly worn or broken. The white sheets had a yellow tinge and the bedding smelt of sweat. Electrical sockets were broken and dangerous, carpet was unimaginable!. Plastic Bath was cracked so the water ran somewhere other than down the drain?!. The sink was also cracked /smashed. An outside grassed area was covered in litter and the first room we were given had shopping carts full of rubbish outside it. The pool water had an orange tinge to it. Outside areas were worn and littered with rubbish. Previous reviews refer to refurbishment but we saw no evidence of it anywhere. We have stayed in other Motel 6 before and had no complaints, this place sets new standards!!!!!. It definitely lets the brand down.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We booked this hotel to excape the Hurricane and were pleased at first arrival. The beds were extremely comfortable. This motel is a no frills place, but if you don't get your hopes up, you will not be disappointed. My oldest wished he could take the bed with him. The rooms are small, but they have been doing some upgrades and you can see it.

Room Tip: it's no frills motel, so don't get your expectations up
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
KnightsInnNFM, Manager at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your stay was.
I am pleased to hear that you found the beds comfortable. It is needed to get a great nights sleep after a long day.

We hope to see you again in the future after we have renovated the entire property. The room size will stay the same and the beds should too.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

I should have slept in my truck at a rest stop. Price went from $127 to $180. It is a DUMP. Room was dirty. I found used soap and a dirty washcloth in the shower. I only stayed because I had spent an hour on the phone & could not find a room within 60 miles. They should refund my money. IT WAS HORRIBLE!

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank thepope3_12
KnightsInnNFM, Owner at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

I am sorry you thought your room was horrible. We do not give refunds to those who stay and use the facilities. You had the option to leave but you chose to stay. We would have been more than willing to give you a refund that night, but you would have had to checked out. You cant stay for free...........

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

2 years ago a room was around 50-60$. Now Motel 6 has taken over and the price of the room has more than double! And they are things you can not tolerate at that price like:
- Ashes in the bathroom of a non smoking room
- Dead roaches in the bedroom
- Overall bad smell in the room
In a nutshell the worst hotel/motel I've seen a developed country.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
KnightsInnNFM, General Manager at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Thank you for your opinion, however, I do not believe it is the worst.
All depending on what time of year you visit, the prices are increased for season between Jan- April. May- Dec is when prices are around $50.

As far as the housekeeping issues, I sincerely apologize. We do have new staff members still learning and I will research for the person who cleaned your room. Once I find out the staff member, I assure you they will be get additional training. If they continue to do sub-par work, they will be terminated.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
0.2 km away
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
3.4 km away
Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
17.5 km away
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

Been to Motel 6 North Fort Myers? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 North Fort Myers

Address: 3350 Marinatown Ln, North Fort Myers, FL 33903-7052 (Formerly Knights Inn)
Region: United States > Florida > Southwest Gulf Coast > North Fort Myers
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Fort Myers
Price Range: $75 - $162 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Motel 6 North Fort Myers 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 North Fort Myers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Fort Myers Hotel North Fort Myers