“Crash & Burn”

Motel 6 North Fort Myers
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Can not believe this hotel, checked in yesterday and got eye opener, first room had a strong ugly smell to it,carpets beaten down and worn, door sat had almost 1/2 inch gap to the door jam, lock set barely grabbed hold to lock, safety lock missing...complained and able to change rooms.nxt room not any better ..worse as stains on sheets,bedspread had stains and burn marks, same problem with gap at the door, again safety lock missing. Headed out or dinner and half expected all our things would be gone when we got back !!
When we got back, things still there..propped the chair against the door. Before calling it a night ...not the place you want to stay...felt sorry for the girl at the desk as she was pleasant

Room Tip: If and only if you stay here..check out the room before you sign for it..watch the prices as they va...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary B
KnightsInnNFM, Manager at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of your stay.
I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.
While we were in the process of updating our rooms, our renovations were not complete during your stay. This a timely process and appreciate our guests patience during this process.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 North Fort Myers

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Let me preface this tirade by stating my wife made the reservation through BringFido.com.
Wanted to move our last day on the West Coast of FL from Venice by spending the day on Sanibel. As no dog-friendly accommodations were available at the last minute, we were relegated to North Fort Myers. Unfortunately, the room had already been charged to my account with the understanding there were no refunds. The location should have been the first clue that this place was sketchy.
Checked in, we made our way to our "room"... we passed numerous individuals that appeared to be making this establishment a long term "abode". First impression -- I had reservations my car was going to broken into or vandalized.
Had trouble opening the door -- but, once opened, we were literally assaulted with the overwhelming stench of urine and heaven knows what else. The furnishings, walls and carpeting were abysmal as might be expected (didn't even make it to the bath before walking out). I've stayed in a number of hovels in my younger days, but this "accommodation" takes the cake for being the bottom of the proverbial barrel. Suffice it to say, this place is unfit for any type of habitation - human or otherwise. We turned around and immediately walked out. On our way back to the front desk to "check out" we passed a Fort Myers police car cruising the property - my guess, it's a frequent patrol destination.
Does this paint enough of a picture?

Room Tip: Sleep in your car if this the last accommodation available.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank robiere7

Thank you for posting a review of your stay.
I apologize that it was less than satisfactory.
If we are offering weekly rates, then guests can stay for weeks if needed. Police cars patrol businesses all around. I would much rather have them visible in hopes of preventing any illegal activity than not to see them at all. Just because you see a patrol car some place, it would be foolish to assume that the business has issues. Every place does.
In the past few months, new management has taken over and are being very diligent in making sure the property is kept up.
Maybe next time you are in town, you will consider stopping by and taking a look at the positive changes that have been made.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We arrived late having reserved a non-smoking room. We signed in and discovered that the "non-smoking room" reeked of cigarette smoke. Not wanting to be assessed a cleaning fee we immediately asked for and received another room. It was cigarette free but that was about all that could be said. The bathroom floor was so weak that it felt like it was about to collapse. There was coffee but no breakfast despite there advertising such but we were just as glad to leave early and there were several breakfast restaurants nearby.
The wifi was free and worked fine but there was no desk chair. It appeared that renovations were being made to the Inn, as there was construction material everywhere and you can only hope that you get a recently redone room!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you agree to rent it!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug K

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of your stay.
I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory.I am sorry to hear that you were put in one of our non smoking rooms and it smelled of smoke. Since we charge a smoking fee if someone smokes in a non smoking room, I assure you the person who smoked in there was fined. I am sorry it still smelled when you checked in.
We were in the process of renovating our rooms. Though it is s timely process and not done overnight, we do appreciate our guests patience during that time.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

To be honest, I didn't expect a lot from a Knights Inn in this part of town and I have definitely seen worse during my travels but I was not expecting to be harassed out of my room the next day...

I arrived with my friend and baby around 11PM on a Sunday night but went into the office/lobby alone. The front desk person was nice and polite but I wondered if he was tired because he didn't seem totally "with it." Shortly after I got there while the desk person was taking care of me another guest walked in to request another key. Instead of making the second guest wait his turn he took care of his key situation while my order processed-which is not usually a problem-but I had asked to pay with cash instead of putting it on my card and in the minute in a half that it took to multitask yet another guest arrived for assistance and I think the desk person got overwhelmed, forgot what I asked and put it on my card anyway. He offered to refund my card and do cash but it being late I just wanted to put my baby in bed. (I'm not a good multi-tasker myself and I know this, so, when in customer-care type situations I do one thing at a time, but I ask understand people operate differently and I didn't want to make it a huge deal. If Sunday morning hadn't been so upsetting, I wouldn't have even written this paragraph but now it's relevant.)

Once inside the room, it was unimpressive but clean enough. As two, young ladies with a baby it was disconcerting that we could see to the outside through the small gap between the door and the door frame and to read the sign on the door that "for your safety" lock both the bottom lock on the door handle and the top one. I thought about putting the chair in front of the door...Also, the landline didn't work and there was no clock.

My friend and I were having a hard time going to sleep so I called the front desk using my cellphone and requested a late check-out which was graciously granted. We weren't expecting to leave until noon. This was a welcome relief as my friend had had a long, tiring weekend of training to recoup from and had a 5 hour drive ahead of her on Monday. So, she really *needed* some sleep. Unfortunately, there was too much noise being made in the morning for us to get the full sleep that we needed.

The first interruption from Housekeeping was around 10:45 in the morning asking us when we were leaving. I politely stated we were given late check-out and wouldn't be leaving till noon. I included the name of the person who gave us permission for the late check out. No problem there. She walked away.

At 11 yet another/different Housekeeping person came to ask us when we were leaving. I repeated myself. Still polite.

At 11:30 the first Housekeeping woman returned. By now I can say I was naturally annoyed by the third interruption of our morning which happened in the middle of my getting dressed while my friend did her morning meditation in the bathroom.

The Housekeeper was clearly stressed and questioned me again also stating that her boss was giving her a hard time because we were still there, rambling about all the things they have to do, that they have to keep their schedule and let the workers leave at a certain time and that check out is at 11...

I repeated that we were given a late check out at noon, that it was not my fault the permission was not properly documented, that multiple interruptions and now an argument would not expedite our departure.

I let the front desk know I was not happy with the turn of events that morning and that I would never stay at this hotel again. The new front desk person apologetically offered to let us stay until 12:30 so we could gather our things and leave. I do appreciate that.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to go to another hotel. This one is not worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 9SGM

Thank you for posting a review of your stay.
I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.
I am sorry that there were problems with your check-in. The person on duty unfortunately was pulling a double shift as his relief did not show up as scheduled. I appreciate your patience with him as I know he was tired but still tried to provide great customer service.

I apologize about housekeeping continuously bothering you prior to you late check out. That was unacceptable and I would be rather annoyed as well. We offer all of our guests an option to receive a late check out if needed.I am not sure if she just forgot you were given a later check out or simply forgot how to tell time. Either way, I apologize.

We are currently in the process of updating our rooms. This includes trying to fix all of the maintenance problems you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

Booked on Priceline for $100 per night. When we arrived there was a lot of strange traffic going in and out of parking lot which was the first red flag. Checked and got key to room, the hotel on the outside of the room was bad enough! Once we opened the door we found it to dirty, old and smelly! Baseboards were falling off and the bed spread looked like it was 100 years old! We didn't even bring our bags inside of the room for fear of bugs.! We stayed for 5 minutes then high taled to the desk to cancel our reservation! Highly do NOT recommend!

Room Tip: For this area, you get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite the fact that you didn’t stay with us. I’m sorry that we could not provide a room to your liking, and I’m pleased we were able to cancel your stay quickly and efficiently so you could choose another hotel. Perhaps the next time you’re in the Fort Meyers area you will give us a chance to provide you a great room at a great rate. We look forward to serving you.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
0.2 km away
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
3.4 km away
Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
17.5 km away
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

Been to Motel 6 North Fort Myers? Share your experiences!