“Terrible hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 North Fort Myers
Aurora, Colorado
“Terrible hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Im sending phots, larger than words. But I do want to say the people that worked there were nice. It is a dump, not a safe area.

Room Tip: There is no good room here
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Roxanne H
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and the review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We would like to inform that we have appropriate steps and ensured that the rooms, amenities and everything are clean, up to date and guest friendly.

We appreciate you for thanking our staff and this will definitely motivate them further.

We request and invite you once again to stay with us and see the difference.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stay at a lot of Motel 6s because I travel a lot with my sport german shepherd. I would like to give this one a better rating because the staff was very pleasant. But the place is really worn down. The lock on the door didnt really work. Had to really play with it to get it to open. Always had the willies when I took my shoes off. I would no doubt return if I had to go back to Fort Meyers because I dont like groveling when I travel with my dog. But if I didn't have that consideration, I would go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kerwin G
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in our area.

We took note of your review and comments and thanks for appreciating our staff.

It is what just expected of them.

Please note that we have taken all the necessary steps to improve the look and amenities of the motel.

The next time you visit our area, please choose our hotel again and feel the change.

We are sure you shall find the difference.

Travellers are raving about these North Fort Myers hotels

Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

The motel itself is pretty old, so it could use a good overall renovation. The room was ok in size. The bathroom was pretty clean except for some hairs here and there, but the room could have been cleaner, although there was no odor. It smelled ok.

My biggest complaint is that the carpet LOOKED clean, but my kids feet turned black running around on it barefoot. One of the chairs was broken, but I just switched it out for another one. While the cleanliness could have been much better, my only real issues were all of the stray hairs (which are found at a lot of super value motels) and the carpet.

Other than that, I have to say that for a super value motel (I paid ($42 total, including taxes and the WiFi charge of $2.99), it wasn't that bad. I think we would stay there again as long as it was only for a night like it was last time. For a short stay it is fine, but I would probably not recommend it for extended stays.

Also, the staff was pretty friendly and the location is good for food and shopping but it's still a pretty good distance from the beaches.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emily D
Tarpon Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

The motel is actually in North Fort Myers. Check in was fast except that my on-line discount had to be adjusted (very courteous clerk!!) since it had not been given. The room was average for a Motel 6. It was clean & the bed was comfortable. TV channels were limited but the set worked. The ice machine also worked. It was too cold to use the pool. There is a Bob Evans restaurant across the parking lot from the mote (not tried). Fast food places are across the street (careful crossing it!!). There only a few places to shop. I would recommend driving about half a mile south from the motel to check the picnic area. There is a fishing dock & a nice view of the water. Across the river is Ft. Myers. Overall - a typical Motel 6 experience.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Gulf Islands, BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

This is undoubtedly the scummiest motel I have ever stayed in. Cockroaches climb up the walls and all over the dresser, the tub had a messy silicone patch job that was easily 10" across, the walls and doors had been kicked in and hastily patched, the beds were old, cheap and hard, the linen had enormous holes in them. Staff were anything but friendly leaving us feeling unsafe and unattended. Their rates may be cheap but you risk life and safety by staying here. Don't bother.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Knights Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations.

We have investigated the happening and taken the appropriate steps to improve everything which you have mentioned in it.

We have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
0.2 km away
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
#30 of 58 in Fort Myers
7.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Been to Motel 6 North Fort Myers? Share your experiences!