“Price point seems off”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

My wife and I continued our eating your through this area in our Captiva vacation and stopped in Sunshine. We had the BBQ shrimp app and the paella and tuna for entrees. Food was good enough and certainly no complaints. Wait staff was very friendly. But I found it really hard to justify the prices being charged for a venue that is not fine dining. The ambiance is certainly not that. Limited seating on the patio/deck and cramped bench seating inside makes you start to lose your appetite. Near $30 for paella? Didn't think that paella was better than a Doc Ford paella which was bigger portions for less. Anyway, the pricing and lack of atmosphere (or a bad one) made this one average in my book.

1  Thank Ginut98

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Everything was great, food service and a lovely bottle of wine. It would have been perfect if we had managed to get a table outside. Shame!

1  Thank JammyNotts
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Our first dinner out of a week long stay. Small quaint island dining our meal and wine was very nice. Will go back. Great surprise

1  Thank George S
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Had lunch out on their pleasant porch. No view of the water but the porch nice. We each had a salad - food was very good, the service was excellent.

1  Thank altanta-annie
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

My family has dinner at the Sunshine Cafe. It is a small, cozy, place with a good seafood menu. The outdoor balcony is comfortable with dim lighting and Italian music playing.

Our waiter was efficient but not overly doting. He made a good recommendation on the paella, which I enjoyed. My wife and daughter liked the sea bass special very much. The gumbo was good, but I had to pull a few fish bones out of my mouth.

The menu is limited and somewhat overpriced. Seafood dishes are nearly $30 each. The food is quite good, but not outstanding. The service was quick and pleasant, but not exceptional.

Overall, it was a fun experience, but very expensive relative to the quality of the food.

2  Thank Scott D