All reviews highly recommend staying here clean towels by accident gulf side balcony florida beach kitchen
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Very sweet Old Florida type motel, right on the beach. We stayed in an upstairs room overlooking the beach...Rooms are updated and very clean. The balcony's are shared which is nice so the view is not obstructed. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They have beach chairs, umbrella's and charcoal grills. No pool so usually Adults only. We are looking forward to going back. Thank you Staci and Earl.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Island House was magnificent,wow the room we had was beautiful.
I loved everything about it. It was bright & super,super clean.
I did ask management if it was update, because everything looked new ,
& updated ( answer yes a year ago). I love the design & the bathroom was super nice also.
My view of the beach was more than I ever excepted. Beautiful. Breath taking.
Not once did I hear my neighbor next door or above us.
Over all a beautiful place, I will return.
The staff Stack, Jen, & Earl were just awesome also, Thank you for making our stay the BEST.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank m2u2babe
Reviewed 21 June 2016

As in the previous review, we also stayed in one of the hotel units in the back, and it actually had a view of the beach from the side window. It's not a problem to head down the stairs, and right out to the beach. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Staci and Earl are doing a great job, come visit them. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in room #16.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debill
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in one of the motel rooms that do not face the beach. We were unsure if we would like not being on the beach but it was not a problem at all. It is just a few steps to the lovely beach area of the hotel.

Stacy and Earl greeted us when we arrived and were most pleasant and helpful our entire stay.

Our room was very clean and the A/C worked very well. You do have to exchange your own laundry and take out the trash but we don't mind that as we don't like housekeeping coming in our room during our stay. We always have so much stuff out it is inconvenient to have people come in to clean.

The beach area of the hotel is well equipped. There are plenty of chairs and a hammock that we took advantage of one evening. There is also a corn hole game and a room equipped with floats and toys you are welcome to use. There are also several BBQ grills and nice tables to eat at, so we grilled out 2 different evenings.

This hotel is a great value and we plan to come back again. I definitely give this place two thumbs up.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ramonda P
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We are not able to go on vacation often, but we have always made it a point to stay here when we do vacation. We were here on our honeymoon and 2 years ago. I phoned in March to make reservations for May. When I called I mentioned that the website did not show updated pricing for May-Dec 2016. Stacey informed me that the website was being updated and she assured me that the prices would remain the same so I booked in good faith a week in May. A little over a week after I booked the reservation, I happened to go online and noticed the prices had gone up. I phoned Stacey and she said the owners raised the price. She(they) were unwilling to honor the price that I booked it at. Although the price increase was not enormous, for us, including more tax, was more than we could afford. It is an absolute shame that Nokomis is going the route of other places in Florida, making it out of reach financially for people who live in Florida and supply the income for all of the places that rely on the locals to carry them through the "off" season. We won't return as we found an absolutely LOVELY place in Englewood and spent a fantastic week there and saved mega money.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple