“Cute Place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nokomis
Island House Apartment Motel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Nokomis
Reviewed 21 June 2016

As in the previous review, we also stayed in one of the hotel units in the back, and it actually had a view of the beach from the side window. It's not a problem to head down the stairs, and right out to the beach. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Staci and Earl are doing a great job, come visit them. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in room #16.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debi ll

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in one of the motel rooms that do not face the beach. We were unsure if we would like not being on the beach but it was not a problem at all. It is just a few steps to the lovely beach area of the hotel.

Stacy and Earl greeted us when we arrived and were most pleasant and helpful our entire stay.

Our room was very clean and the A/C worked very well. You do have to exchange your own laundry and take out the trash but we don't mind that as we don't like housekeeping coming in our room during our stay. We always have so much stuff out it is inconvenient to have people come in to clean.

The beach area of the hotel is well equipped. There are plenty of chairs and a hammock that we took advantage of one evening. There is also a corn hole game and a room equipped with floats and toys you are welcome to use. There are also several BBQ grills and nice tables to eat at, so we grilled out 2 different evenings.

This hotel is a great value and we plan to come back again. I definitely give this place two thumbs up.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ramonda P
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We are not able to go on vacation often, but we have always made it a point to stay here when we do vacation. We were here on our honeymoon and 2 years ago. I phoned in March to make reservations for May. When I called I mentioned that the website did not show updated pricing for May-Dec 2016. Stacey informed me that the website was being updated and she assured me that the prices would remain the same so I booked in good faith a week in May. A little over a week after I booked the reservation, I happened to go online and noticed the prices had gone up. I phoned Stacey and she said the owners raised the price. She(they) were unwilling to honor the price that I booked it at. Although the price increase was not enormous, for us, including more tax, was more than we could afford. It is an absolute shame that Nokomis is going the route of other places in Florida, making it out of reach financially for people who live in Florida and supply the income for all of the places that rely on the locals to carry them through the "off" season. We won't return as we found an absolutely LOVELY place in Englewood and spent a fantastic week there and saved mega money.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debra A
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Old Florida at it's best! I love the Island House Apartment and Motel! This is my 5th year staying there. Staci and Earl are the best Florida greeters!
I stay in a efficiency apartment on the second floor with a wonderful view of the Gulf. The Island House is always welcoming, clean and affordable. I travel and stay there by myself and always feel safe.
If you want to enjoy a quiet, slow paced Florida it doesn't get any better than the Island House Apartment and Motel!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank shsummer
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Beautiful get away on Florida's west coast. Beach front, with plenty of things to do while staying there. Wednesday and Saturday evenings feature a drum circle on the beach that you mustn't miss. Rooms are clean, grounds kept nicely, staff Earl and Stacy are just wonderful. We have been there several times, and we have already booked for next year!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandyksvp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
0.2 km away
1.7 km away
Nokomis Inn and Suites
Nokomis Inn and Suites
#6 of 12 in Nokomis

Been to Island House Apartment Motel? Share your experiences!