“Not worth the wait or the cost”
Review of Pops Sunset Grill

Pops Sunset Grill
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Nokomis
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pops features fresh grilled seafood, oyster bar items, over sized burgers, sandwiches & wraps. Daily Specials and weekend entertainment.We now feature several Craft Beers on Tap and by the bottle. We have seating for large groups and welcome families. Pops is a local favorite. Try one of our Fresh Oven Baked Flat breads or nosh on a basket of fried shrimp, clams or crab cakes. Our little place is located right on the water, we are laid back and have an excellent team of friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable staff! Drop by for Happy Hour 3-6 Daily!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After waiting for over an hour to get seated, my husband and I ordered what turned out to be a less than exciting dinner. The New England Clam Chowder was room
temperature at best. It probably would have been good if was served hot, but we were so hungry we ate it “as is”.
Big mistake.
We both ordered the crab cakes, which were ok, but nothing special. The cole slaw was tasteless, and the baked sweet potato was undercooked and also served barely warm.
Our waiter was friendly, and the atmosphere was funky and fun, which is the reason for three stars. If we go back, we’ll lower our expectations and order a burger or salad.

Don P, Owner at Pops Sunset Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi MlfcO- thanks for making Pops your stop recently. I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectations this visit! I was hopeful that you may have encountered one of our fantastic Guest Service Managers who could have corrected any shortcomings with your meal prior to leaving.
Don't lower your expectations, we can doooo iiiit.....thanks for sharing on TA! Cheers, Don

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have been here twice this vacation, sat on the back deck by the water the first and then around the cool fire table the second! I had salmon (surprised??? I think not!!) with a lobster tail and shrimp the first night, best lobster tail I have ever had!! The second time I got a cold plate, crab and shrimp (I think ) with their delish edamame salad!!! Best waiter ever the first night, I think it was Tony? (For some reason I am having difficulty remembering a few things. Vacation must be very relaxing!!) He was very attentive and funny! Definitely come here if you are in the area!

Hello littlewinelova! Thank you! Thank you! Appreciate your friendly comments on TA and also your back to back visits! Best compliment we can get! Cheers, Don

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We waited an hour to be seated, another half hour or forth minutes for food. We were there over two hours, but to be fair it was fairly busy. The food was decent but I'm not sure it was worth the wait and price paid. The local seafood that I was primarily interested in was a bit on the pricey side. Their fresh catch that I opted for was the mahi mahi, blackened, and it cost $21 for a 6oz portion. The environment was nice being right alongside the water with docks for boats to park. Some of the tables had gas fire pits in the center which I thought looked great at night. Pop's was nice to try but I'm not sure I'd go back during a busy time.

Hi JohnMissy! Thank you for visiting Pops aand for taking a minute to share your comments on TA. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stop back by to see us! Cheers, Don

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Unpretentious restaurant with a good number of seats with a view of the intracoastal. Dock provides boat access although the tide can make tying up a bit of a challenge if you are not an adept sailor! (Good entertainment for those at dockside seats!)

Food is acceptably good but not stellar, sometimes there are specials when not in high season.

Hello David E! Thank you for visiting Pops and for sharing your nice compliments and advice on TA.
We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Don

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Refund and had a great experience. Great views of the intracoastal waterway and draw bridge. Very scenic.. food was really good from the burgers, seafood and appetizers. Will return and have recommended to friends.

Hi JackVABeach! Thanks for stopping at Pops and for sharing your great compliments on TA! We look forward to seeing you again sooner than later! Cheers, Don