“Pretty Good”

Corkscrew Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Official website is under construction.
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

Great ambience, romantic. Had the filet and it was excellent, cooked exactly how I wanted it. Very nice wine selection. My baked potato wasn't hot but that would've been my only complaint. The ambiance and atmosphere made up for it. Would return.

Reviewed 3 December 2015

Having had dinner earlier, we stopped at Corkscrew for coffee and dessert on the way back home from a day in New Smyrna. It is a somewhat typical sports bar, but with more of a feel of a regular restaurant. The desserts were very good, although limited in scope, and the waitress was very attentive even though she knew it was going to be a limited tab. Next time in town, I would like to return for a full meal.

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

Stopped in during a misty afternoon. We had drinks and appetizers. Pork lollipops were good along with the guacamole and chips. Nice decor and friendly/ attentive waiter. Will stop in again.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

While on historic Canal Street for the big Holiday Market this weekend, finally decided to pop into the Corkscrew Bar & Grill. One of our neighbors ate here a couple of weeks back and highly recommend the food and atmosphere.
Once I saw Conch Fritters on the menu we were in!..the "small bites" apps suggested "upscale" but the atmosphere was incredibly inviting, casual and fun. Options like Pork Lollipops, Ahi Tuna potstickers and Mojito Scallops looked interesting but we opted for one of our favorites with the fritters... cooked perfectly with visible conch, they didn't disappoint!
The many TV screens didn't overpower the surroundings and the bar and collection of fun beer art including the portrait of "The most interesting man in the world" screamed Dos Equis but I opted for the ice cold Red Stripe instead. We really enjoyed the kitschy interior. Granted it was a busy day on Canal with the Holiday Market in full swing but the inside and outdoor seating was packed. The service was quite good and our waiter quite attentive for such a packed house. That said we opted for lunch. I chose the Cuban and my wife went for the stuffed avocado filled with Madras pulled chicken salad. Two big halves it was a generous serving as was my cuban.
The rest of the menu had many fun sandwich options and everything from salads, burgers all the way up to steaks & chops. Many menu items popped and we will find our way back soon.
Fun time, good food..

1  Thank brian m
Reviewed 12 November 2015

we sat outside on a lovely night with long time friends who were visiting...delightful...inside seating is a bit noisy