“insulting”

Grille At Riverview
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I made a reservation at the grill at riverview last night. When I arrived (on time) the hostess acted like she could not find my name. When she did she advised that all she had to offer was a high top on the deck. When we were walked to the deck I saw multiple tables open which I inquired about. I was told they are all reserved (let's remember I supposedly had a reservation) We were seated at a high tip in a corner and spent the next half hour getting completely ignored by the wait staff. Mind you during that time we watched multiple parties of seemingly well to-do retirees get seated, get treated to multiple hugs by nearly all the wait staff, and receive a drink order within five minutes of arrival. I went up to the hostess desk and asked if I needed to be a member of some elite club to receive service and was met by surprise and a continued lack of service. Then the waitress for the section stepped to our table and explained that the deck served an abridged menu and that there must have been some confusion. I advised her that I made a reservation for DINNER! Then we were treated to several more minutes of being ignored and we left. Anyone looking to go to a restaurant and receive actual service and hospitality should ignore this place like the plague!!!! If you are not a recognizable, well to do retiree, they don't don't want you there. Their treatment of my wife and I was deliberate, intentional and completely unacceptable. Anyone reading this review should not make the mistake of going to this establishment and expecting hospitality!!!

1  Thank jethornton749

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My salmon salad was very good, my husband thought the fish tacos were good, not great. The beautiful location is the draw, although it would be nice if they would either remove the pilings from the damaged docks, or replace them, it's kind of ugly the way it is. The service was very good, and as I said, the location is stellar.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Great atmosphere. Right on the river overlooking a draw bridge. Indoor and outdoor eating. Food overpriced

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Their prime rib is the best. It's available everyday except Valentine's Day. Great ambiance and great view. Good service as well. Save this for special occasions. It's on the pricey side, but well worth it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had the shrimp appetizer, the walnut and blue cheese salad, and the tuna. Terrific. Excellent server and attentive manager.