All reviewsnorth causewayunexpected tripcentral courtyardpet friendly hotelcharming gardenacross the bridgeflagler avegalley kitchenfishing dockmom and pophome away from homea wonderful place to stayperfect spotthe indian riversmall kitchenenjoyed our stayrestaurants and shopping
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This is my 5th year visiting this small, privately owned, "vintage" Florida motel. It is just the spot for meeting-up with my snowbird friends and enjoying the "old Florida" atmosphere. Conveniently located next to an INTERCOASTAL WATERWAY park, where I watched dolphins close-up in the morning, It is also within blocks of the ocean and several nice restaurants.

This motel is a great value for Seniors, always clean and freshly painhted, quiet, homey and with a choice of full or limited cooking facilities.

The delightful owners, BOB AND KATHY, are very friendly and accomodating, working diligently to make your stay a memorable event.

This place grows on you. My favorite feature ot the motel is the plush, tropical landscaped, enclosed courtyard, complete with gas grilles, umbrella tables and liesure chairs. It is a perfect spot for picnics and enjoying your friends. As Kathy, the owner says, "it is meant to be used".

I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank slawrence42
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Stayed for extended periods of time between Sept 2010 and Feb 2011; Owners very approachable, rooms were very clean and we recommend BV to all our friends and family coming to Florida. Beautiful courtyard, walking distance to Flagler Ave shops and beach. We will come back every year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebySue
Reviewed 7 January 2011

My husband and I had never been to New Smyrna Beach before. We were not yet married at the time and found a location to get married and someone in the area who had a wedding business, so we started looking for hotels. We chose this hotel because it looked cute. Although not on the beach, you are right by the Intracoastal waterway and there is a park in the back. The room was very cozy and much like being at home. It was nice having a refrigerator in the room, as well as a coffeepot and pretty much everything was supplied for you, other than food/drinks. We did not have any problems with anyone and the courtyard was fantastic. You don't get daily roomservice (cleaning, etc.) but the owers are accessible during business hours if needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I had my concerns after reading reviews but I went ahead and booked because it is pet friendly, and space was limited in the area. We had made arrangements for a late arrival, the office closes at 7PM, the owner had everything set up making it very convient to settle in for the weekend. After passing through the couryard and thinking "Gee this is cute", I must admit I held my breath expecting the worse when we opened the door to our room. Our room DID NOT smell, it was 'Old Florida' beach decor, very comfortable and clean. After a good nights rest we enjoyed the park out our backdoor. How nice to wakeup, fix a pot of coffee, and watch the local fisherman along the intracoastal. While not the Ritz we enjoyed the laid back charm and did not have any problems at all...We will be back the next time we're in New Smyrna!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

The owner is very rude. The rooms smell like a diaper pail that has been in the sun all day. Since my dad has COPD we did not want him staying in a room with poor air quality. The owner refused to let us out of the second night's stay. Although she was paid the full amount she continued to crab about how we ruined her day and that this never happens. Well after reading some TripAdvisor history it has happened. Additionally the linens were yellowed and the comforter has not been replaced for decades. The carpet was stained and there were dead cockroaches right outside our door.

• Stayed: October 2010
9  Thank inlovewithsunshine
edgar20, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

This women did not stay w/ us. Her parents were a late arrival and did not show and daughter cancelled for the next night. If the room were re-rented we would issuse a credit. The daughter was to call on Monday, instead she emailed that bad reviews were posted by her.
Please look @ our webb sites, my husband and I believe it speaks for itself.
Best,