“Never been so poorly served”

New Smyrna Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Reviewed 21 April 2018

The waitress was on speed, not listening, brought the wrong stuff, charged for more, charged too much and all......NO MANAGEMENT. ask ask for Jay?????...Food so so

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Maybe it's the poor beach weather. But having been here twice in one week, I have to be honest to say that the service was terrible. First time they brought me the wrong food. Then while my family ate before their meal were ruined, I waited an astonishingly 25 minutes (by my watch) and hadn't seen my waitress for ten minutes. I finally flagged her down and she looked as if she'd forgotten me. She says she'll check with the kitchen and comes our after a few long minutes to tell me it will just be a bit longer. I tell her to cancel my dinner. I just thought they should have rushed my order so I could enjoy my meal with my family at the same time. Why would I want to make my family wait another 15 minutes as I ate my food. I admit I lost my appetite due to the frustration. The manager comped my meal in a to go box so I decided to come back a few nights later.
This time, better waitress but same bad service. To set the record straight...it was busy when we got there and our waitress was attentive. But after we had our salads there was a good half hour with no food. I looked around and realized that over half of the tables were now empty. After another ten minutes I asked the waitress where was our dinner. She apologized several times and told us that it was inexcusable. There's a time method that we should have had our dinners no more than 15 minutes after our salads were served. But this time was a screwup. So....you get rated by the facts.

1  Thank Hereandthere913
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is your typical steakhouse... it was really crowded. The service was great and the meat ended up being better than expected.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Stop in after a meeting and enjoyed a delicious steak with the trimmings. cooked over a wood grill and seasoned to perfection. Not my first time here but haven't been in awhile. Will return again. Great cold tap beer..

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been going here for years. If you like steak, do not pass this place up. Hands down the best steak we’ve ever had! Friendly service and great food, can’t ask for more!