“Freshest Sushi in the area, EXCELLENT!”

Kumo's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #17 of 246 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We usually go to other sushi restaurants that are closer to our home, but we stopped at Kumo's since we were in the area. We will now only have Sushi, my favorite food, at Kumo's from this point forward. The Chirashi dinner was so fresh, very large pieces with more than enough to share or take home. The fish was not the usual everyone else serves in this dish but some were so sweet I ask to see the Sushi chef. He was gracious and very informative. All the other dishes our party ordered were also excellent along with the great service made it a great exepience.

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

My family consisted of my 3 kids and niece ages 7-14. We went to have dinner at Kumos and had a 830 reservation. We were excited because my kids love the hibachi style cooking. We were seated and it didn't go well. I feel the chef was a sub for the usual chefs because of the busy night but he was very quiet and did not deliver the show that you pay for at place like Kumos. We had been there several times and know the routine. I spoke with the manager and received a substandard answer that "they have have been working since 11am". The chefs are usually very interactive and keep the kids entertained! This was not the case tonight! My 7yo was the one that pointed out that the chef was very quiet and did not perform. Btw I ordered the sushi and it was great. I felt for the price we paid should include the pizazz of a show we have come to expect. The kids received free ice cream by the manager for our troubles. Disappointed with the chef but we probably won't be back. I am hoping it was the busy night that caused this, but again we paid $$ for a show/dinner. Not a tired chef.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Best sushi I have had anywhere in town or out of town for that matter. This is a most come for outstanding service and sushi.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

We have visited this Kumo for sushi many times over the past year and are always rewarded with the best food we have had in the area. The ginger dressing on the house salad is to die for!!!! We are winter residents from Tennessee and would love to see a Kumo open In our area. We will return many times before we leave for Tennessee in May. Great service and Great food!!!!

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Located in the middle of a shopping center one wouldn't imagine a restaurant right there. Kumo was a pleasant surprise after a shopping trip to a crafts store. Service was top-notch as were the various handmade rolls, sushi and sashimi.
In addition, Kumo has the open area where chefs cook your dinner right in front of you along with some cute tricks.