“Ian at Applebee's”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #50 of 237 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Was visiting this local place a few days ago and saw a great guy behind the bar whom I love seeing. Ian the bartender. Great guy, great personality and LOVES the music on the jukebox! Bring a few extra singles and play DJ! Great food here as well. My mother had the new brisket casadillas, I had a huge portion of nachos. All kinds of bar food and dinners here.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Staff was nice. The portions were large. I just found the food average and better value for your money at other places.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Did a call in for take out and went to the Car Service space. Waited there 15 minutes because the "server" said she was too busy inside the restaurant. Parking lot was empty and it was Sunday evening near 10 pm. Not quite the "car service" that you would expect. Food was good which made up for the indifferent attitude and the server being busy.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Came in for lunch with the family. The extensive menu is quite out dated and alienating a very growing market. With all of the vegan/vegetarian options in all of the other “chains”, I️ was surprised that Applebee’s did not offer anything. No mushroom cap burger, black bean burger, nothing!! When I️ asked the server, she confirmed they didn’t offer options. She said I️ wish we did and apologized.
My daughter ordered the fried shrimp platter, hubby ordered he whiskey burger and I️, not being able to find a suitable vegetarian option, went with the Thai shrimp salad.
The fried shrimp platter was very greasy. You should not have the taste of the oil it was fried in when you eat them. Horrible. We asked the server to get the 3 cheese pasta instead. She did a this in a very timely manner. The burger was fine. I️ didn’t hear anything negative about it and the grilled veggies (for an up charge fee) were very tasty.
The Thai shrimp salad was mediocre at best. The shrimp were overdone and chewy. No real add ins to the salad other than a few edamame. Very boring salad. No one should order this. The quantity was not substantial considering the amount that they charge you.
When we got the bill, we were told that we need to pay for it on the table side machine. The server then informed us that it AUTOMATICALLY gives a 20 % tip!!!!! That is mighty presumptuous of them!!! If you are not paying attention, and the service was sub par, you would give more than the server deserves. They also charged us for the more expensive shrimp platter rather than the chicken pasta. $5 difference. No one is checking anything and everyone puts the blame on “ the other server/manager/bartender.
That whole process of customer paying the bill themselves is not beneficial to the server. What an I️ tipping you for. If we can all order ourselves, ask to refresh our drinks, pay our bill, all with this little device, what do I️ need you for????
This is not the first time that Applebee’s has disappointed me. I️ am quite certain that it will be my last. There are plenty of places that are growing with the movement and offering alternative options. Move with the times Applebee’s, or just move over.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I usually avoid chain restaurants. Last night it was on the way so we stopped for an early dinner. Hadn't been there in a long time. It was amazing. Service was good. Drinks were perfect and food was excellent! Try the BBQ tacos if you go!