“Incompetent & Unprofessional...”

MiraMare Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
MiraMare Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 1,062 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Venetian Village
Description: "THE RESTAURANT WILL BE CLOSE FROM 09/04/2018 TO 09/16/2018" Real Italian Restaurant with a beautiful view of the bay. We have live music every night with wonderful staff. Perfect for a date night or even with a group of family and friends.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Three of us went to this establishment for some "happy hour" drinks. When time came to pay my bill, an inordinate amount of time lapsed; and our friend observed: "I think they've lost your credit card." This was relatively easy to observe because we were only about 15 feet from the bar. Consequently I got up to inquire about the matter, and was told they had indeed "lost" my credit card, but they said they would find it shortly. Minutes passed, and eventually a busboy came by our table and, with a pen and piece of paper asked me to provide a name and phone number so they could call us when they found it! No bar tender; no manager...a busboy for whom English was clearly a "second language"! No apology, no explicit non-payment of drinks; no compensation for the inconvenience in the form of a gift card...nothing! Our late son was a chef; his girl friend manages a restaurant; our friend's son manages a bar operation in California...we know the "industry.' This was unequivocally the biggest "botch job" of restaurant management we and they had ever encountered. If you should opt to select this establishment for future dinning, be on guard for gross incompetence and lack of professionalism. Clearly the customer is just an inconvenience.

2  Thank david888839

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic Easter evening .The ambiance, food and magnificent waterviews are enchanting .the icing on the cake was the wonderfully entertaining vocals and piano playing by Peter G..we will absolutely return. It was a perfect Easter !

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Exceptional promotion for early birds between 4 and 5 pm
Great food, great service and great location

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

What started to be a great dining experience with our special friends for a special occasion ended in a true disappointment!
I called few hours prior to our reservation to preorder a bottle of Prosecco for my friend's birthday.I gave my credit card info to the hostess and I asked her to inform the server that I want to have it chilled,ready to be served upon arriving.I saw the price listed online for that bottle and the hostess confirmed it and adding was the house Prosecco.We got there and for 10 min we had water only and I was looking around and I didn't see any bottle of Prosecco ready as I requested.I had to go to look for the hostess/manager/server to remind them .it seemed like she forgot to inform the server..Server came and served us in a short glass(apparently their "cute "glasses-the glasses used for limoncello dessert that they have in the menu,reuse them for pouring the sparkling wine),all 4 gathered in a corner of the table and then for 10 minutes we had the Prosecco bottle in the middle of the table as a centerpiece.Supposed to be chilled,right?!The "ultimately dining experience "kept going with the moment when the server cleared the 3 plates while I was still eating my dinner and I had to gave up and stopped because the rest of the party had no plates in front of them.I had to go back "to the restroom " to look for the server and remind him about my friend birthday because I figured it out that he was not informed about this as well.I left the restaurant with the bitter taste in my mouth and I felt bad that I recommended my friend to make the reservation for her special day at MiraMare.I didn't sign for the Prosecco as the hostess told me and I'm afraid that my friend who paid the bill was charged for the Prosecco I ordered.I had this concern and I called the restaurant few days later and I spoke with the manager ,Leo.It seems I was overcharged for that bottle but the manager told me that "the price I saw online it was from the old list"-it is online and updated I guess and it was confirmed by the person I placed the order with.The manager 's attitude was shocking rude and outrageous.LEO,the manager,hang up on me while I tried to figure it out if my friend paid for the bottle I had ordered and asking for the receipt of my bill because the credit card info was given through the phone ,nothing signed and it is my right to ask for a receipt.I authorized my card to be charged the amount we've discussed when I preordered the wine ,not a different amount.What I can say more?!I can't expect more from the staff if their leader is acting not professional!I with never go back and I encourage you to do the same if you don't want to be treated in this manner.Now I understand why Open Table review section "is coming soon "!Such a shame!Such a manager-Leo!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We are in Naples for long visits every winter, and Mira Mara is at the top of our list. We do ask our server what is recommended before we order, and that never fails to produce a great meal. Try to get a table down on the terrace, right on top of the Inland Waterway. The restaurant is located in the charming Venetian Village which has fine shops which are open until six. There's a tunnel for cars and pedestrians to use to cross under the road between the two locations. The two parking lots fill up quickly, but the valet service is free. Trees are lighted as though it were Christmas time, but its creative and part of the fun. Mira Mare is so popular that we find the only way to get a reservation is to go in several days ahead and line it up with the hostess. By the way, wear your best duds. Everyone does.