“Awesome”
other traveller has booked this property
Front View of Home
Front Courtyard with Pond and Foot Bridge Relaxing Swimming Pool Overlooking Lake
Check Availability
Cedar Front Doors are nine feet high
Living Room with Tapestries and Wood Beams
Dining Room
Dining Room Overlooks Pool Are and Courtyard
Gourmet kitchen with granite and tumbled marble
Breakfast Bar in Kitchen
Kitchen Table
View sunsets from the sundeck with Adirondack cedar chairs
Lounge area in oversized Lanai and Pool
Lanai lounge area near Tiki Bar
Dining Area on Lanai
Tiki Bar by pool
Pool and Tiki Bar
Orchids and cabinet on lanai
Victorian Guest Bedroom
Egyptian Bedroom Closet
Powder Room
Oriental Bedroom has Queen Bed
Oriental Bedroom with TV
Mirrored Closets in this guest room
Guest Bathroom double sink vanity
Front Courtyard
Fifth St Fishing Pier
Friendly Pelican by the Pier
Sunset on the beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Frenzy195...
Toronto, Canada
“"Romantic and exquisite" some years ago.”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Please don’t be fooled by the five star ratings from the reviews that were written 8 years ago when this property was first offered. This is what happened to us. In its time the property was exactly as described but wear and tear has tarnished the place and it is in serious need of a deep cleaning and especially upgrading. We would like to suggest to the owner who, by the way, lives in the house (but this is not mentioned until after you have made a deposit – taking away any “romantic” possibilities) to perhaps purchase for her guests some clean, linen tea towels, new quality sheets, pillows & bath towels which were all very disappointing and very well used, including the electrical appliances like a coffee maker that hadn’t seen a cleaning in years and the old tube TVs. Even the toilet tissue was cheap and flimsy and not guest-worthy. The Trip Advisor heading states 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, however, the reality is there is only 1 dated bathroom, and a powder room off a bedroom which we were discouraged from using, probably because the owner’s clothes were in the closet and drawers. Housekeeping was not provided as stated and left a lot to be desired. We would return to find beds not made and the kitchen in the same state. We just gave up and did it ourselves. We had to ask to have the sheets changed. May we also suggest that the owner de-clutter the kitchen and make the bedrooms more inviting by clearing away some of her personal effects. It was very much more like an Air BnB where you stay at someone’s house. Even though we liked her very much and she offered great suggestions for where to go for entertainment and was inviting to our two small dogs, which we appreciated, we didn't feel we got our moneys worth.

The sunsets over the lake, however, were spectacular from the lanai and the outside property was very well kept. Though for the money charged we would have thought the pool might have been heated for our stay. We were unable to use it - a big disappointment for someone coming from a cold climate to sunny Naples. In summary, we found the house dated, dark and dingy and not what we expected. Certainly not as seen in the photos, which were obviously taken years ago when the house was in its prime. As a result, we cut our stay early by a few days & moved on to other accommodations. All in all a very expensive and disappointing holiday. Not worth the money. Oh and make sure you have a car because the beach is a good drive away.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Jul 2017
I have guests come and stay here and have a full season every year. Everyone has loved their stay here. Including these two ladies who came here without their husbands. So why the romantic concern is beyond me. I have had couples stay here for their honeymoon that were thrilled to be here. I have many more current references. They did not leave a few days early as stated. They sent me an email after they left thanking me for everything and said God bless you, I saved the email. Here is the problem. They are the only guests who booked without contacting me first. When I saw the booking I contacted the woman and explained ALL of the details including that there is no pool heat and that I was the housekeeper here that cleaned certain things only when they were out of the home. I never said I made beds and nobody has ever wanted me to do that because I appreciate that people want and deserve their privacy. I offered her a chance to cancel. She wanted to keep the reservation. I believe her friend was not comfortable about the price and tried to get a third woman to join them, She backed out and they had to split the cost. I do give a discount for two people but once you book through this site and not with me directly I can't offer the discount that I give for two people occupancy. It is not my fault the third woman backed out. Also, after they checked out they informed me that the one lady said she lost her expensive diamond earring and asked me to look for it. I went way above and beyond looking for this earring and could not find it anywhere. I am not responsible for lost items, I feel very bad and did my best to find it but this review is mean spirited and untrue, All facts were disclosed prior to their arrival and they both signed the contract. They knew full well before they checked in that the house is 10 minutes to the beach. That is a close distance , considering how vast Naples really is. Even if you had a beach house you would still need a car to get around town. There are no lake view homes close to the beach and if you want a house within walking distance to the beach with this quality house, be prepared to pay four times my price. This house is exactly what you see in the pictures, There is ample lighting in every room. This house is super clean. Even the air is clean as I have a special ion ozone air cleaner and clean the AC filters every month ! All the linens and bedding are cleaned on a regular basis by me. If you like the pictures you will love the house. My guests tell me the house looks better in person ! I do as much or as little as my guests want me to do but I am very aware of the privacy factor and keep a very low profile. So if there are dishes in the sink when I come home if you are in bed I am certainly not going to make noise cleaning them or putting them away or emptying the trash and wake my guests up. I do not use any of the areas that you see in the pictures, including the pool, lanai or deck. I stay in my own living quarters on the far side of the house and leave people alone. That is why I have so many return guests! I have dozens of people that you can call who will all tell you the same thing as is written in the other reviews. That the house is truly an amazing place to spend a vacation. By the way, there is a heated pool at the club house and tennis courts for all guests to use. And I have two bikes here as well . I also provide as a courtesy all paper and cleaning products and there is a large spice rack. I don't know of any other rentals that do that. So if they didn't like the toilet paper they could have said something. I have used the same paper for ten years, I buy it across the street at Walgreens, The pictures show everything. That is why I took so many.
As far as the coffee pot. There was slight discoloring in the basket only. Very normal for the basket in a white coffee pot. I normally replace the coffee pot once year because of the extended use anyway. I do not have personal items in the guests area. There is a flat screen on the lanai and the TV' s are as shown in the pictures. There may have been something left behind by a previous guest. When you understand the Naples pricing for rentals, especially in this high end category then you will appreciate what an incredible value this house really is. I would encourage you not to miss out on this spectacular home because one party thought they spent too much As I have many references that will tell you the truth as my reviews show and speak for themselves I would suggest that you listen to the majority and I am happy to provide many more references. Thank you..
Phoeniz
Reviewed 15 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
elmac40
Glasgow, Scotland
“A lovely home”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

Recently returned from our stay in Naples - what a lovely place it was. There's definately the "wow" factor when you walk in the door.

The house was spotlessly clean and so much space. Everything you need is there including most of the toiletries that you would need so this saves on taking this with you. The grounds of the house are lovely and it has a lovely pool with lakeside views. It's so nice that for a lot of the vacation we sat in the shade by the pool - it was too nice to leave!

There is a large informal room, large kitchen and a formal lounge area with dining room.

The home has lots of ornaments and is beautifully decorated so don't think I would recommend this place to a family with children - but for adults it is perfect.

A couple of minutes drive is a shopping complex where you can stock up on foods, drinks, etc. We used to to go "First Watch" everyday for breakfast which is in the complex.

So I would highly recommend this property for those looking for peace, quiet and a bit of luxury

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The luxury and space
Liked least: Everything was good!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
west norritown
Reviewed 7 August 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Reviewed 30 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing