“Mixed grill/steak night”

Dinas Powys Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Dinas Powys
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Gareth always puts a lovely table set up which looks lovely.our table of 14 thoroughly enjoyed our food which was cooked beautifully and served in hot Bain maries to help ourselves to as much as we wanted
With steak,liver,gammon with egg and pineapple,lamb,chicken breast,pork steaks,bacon,sausage,black pudding,mushrooms,tomatoes,onion rings,garlic bread,broccoli and a salad bowl on the table
Hunters piquant and pepper sauce along with the usual condiments
After the meal bowls of fresh strawberries were put on the table
All in all this was a perfect meal and I would go as far as to say you will never find a better cooked meal or better value meal anywhere and I have eaten out in many places from 5 star to basic food places
Being a qualified chef and previously owned my own food business I know good food when I eat out
Well done to Gareth and his staff
Don’t take my word ,eat here and try for self

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Arrived early. Big mistake, as there is only a very small bar area to wait, with standing room only.
Stood in entrance hall and waited. Nearer to our booked time we were offered a table which meant sharing with strangers, (not our ideal choice,) or a table for 6 with the offer of squashing the seventh member of our party on the end. Chose to share the larger table. Second mistake as it turned out.
The food was, as usual, absolutely delicious but as soon as ones knife and fork was put down, ones plate was removed, even though other members of our party were still eating. This was ofcourse a clear indication that our table was required for the next occupants. This was proved to be correct, as after the final plate was removed our payment was requested and after barely an hour of being seated, we were actually asked to vacate the table as the next people were waiting for it. Good job nobody wanted a desert!
A very disappointing Easter meal experience. Not to be repeated I'm afraid as it was almost like being on a conveyor belt. Obviously trying to accommodate too many diners, as there were 5 people squashed on a table for four and seven squashed on a table for 6.
All of this was such a shame as the carvery really is exceptional although to add insult to injury we were only informed at the time of payment that the lunch was an extra £2, this would have been well worth it had we not been "rushed through".
If we had just walked in to have lunch " on speck", then we would have accepted the treatment we received but having booked a table for 7 about 3 WEEKS prior to Easter then the service was very very disappointing and unacceptable.

1  Thank llanmedos
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I visited here for a 3 course lunch for the first time for an Easter treat, there were 7 adults and 4 children. On our arrival on time we had to wait for the table to be laid.After placing our starter order all arrived except 2 soups which didn't arrive at all, on finishing the starters the staff did not collect the dishes and we had to put them on the nearest empty table to make room for our next course. The main course of roast dinner was self service, the choice of meat and vegetables were plentiful although the gravy was very peppery. There was a choice of desserts which I didn't partake so cannot comment. I wouldn't rush to go back there as they didn't seem to have enough staff to cope with the amount of people that were there on a very busy Easter Sunday.

1  Thank Christine D
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Easter lunch out standing.food great one course excelled two course excellent.three cours out of this word . easter bunnys on tables daffodils.and children also have a.
Easter egg to . how very quiant.

1  Thank paul h
Reviewed 25 March 2018

8 of us went for Sunday lunch on a pre-booked table at midday. Within 15 minutes we had queued briefly, and orderly for our lunch and were tucking in. So much choice and all the food was top drawer. A special mention of course for the star...the golden syrup roast parsnips. YUM!
The meat was cooked to perfection as was everything else, and the staff were friendly and efficient.
All 8 of us thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. I didn't indulge in the dessert (too full) but those that did said they were delicious. My loss!
We left our email and contact details to be notified of mid-week events.

1  Thank Bruno C