“Amazing location with sunsets”
Review of Pisces Rising

Pisces Rising
Reserve with OpenTable
Pisces Rising is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 125 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pisces Rising. Located in Central Florida and established in 2003, Pisces Rising is a celebration of Florida cuisine. Lovingly wrapped around a Florida cracker bungalow style home build in the 1920's, the restaurant overlooks Lake Dora and the setting sun. We bring a commitment to Regional Sustainability. Whether it is our Craft Cocktails from our Jazzy 239 West Lounge to our Chef's colorful creations we shop local where possible, and take advantage of the bounty of the nearby Gulf and the Farms that dot Central Florida up through the Panhandle. By empowering local Farmers and Fishermen, we empower ourselves and future generations.
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Dined here with a group of 8 this weekend. We did not know that reservations were advisable, but strolled the area during our hour plus wait. We were able to enjoy the sunset on Lake Dora & still enjoyed the area as we were able to get a table outside. Loving our warm Florida winter days! They had a great band playing outside as well. The food was good. The cuban spring rolls were very nice. A couple of friends had the burgers & they were large & the meat was very good. There were several salads to choose from. Most were very plentiful, however, oddly enough, my Caesar salad was very skimpy, which is very odd in most restaurants. When I asked the waitress if that was a normal portion, compared to my friend's bowl FULL of spinach & kale salad, she unapologetically answered when I showed her the difference in our servings & made me seem silly for asking. That was disappointing. We also watched Bananas Foster being beautifully prepared inside. Our group was interested in ordering that as well, but they are unable to offer it with their outside seating due to the tables each being under an umbrella. Just an FYI. Overall, a nice evening, but I'm going to have to go make myself a proper dinner salad now.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 22 January 2017

There were 4 of us at dinner, Wow! All of us had been there before, more than once, but our service was above and beyond this time!! Our server Melissa was the best server that I have ever encountered, she did things no other server anywhere has ever done! My sister-in-law does not like cold drinks, of any kind, so she brought her warmed but not hot water! I thought she would not have a request I asked for, but again she did it, I asked for Agave for my coffee, she had it! We ordered a variety of dishes, one was Black Grouper, not blackened Grouper, he loved it, another ordered a shrimp dish, as did I, but different! The desserts are wonderful, Creme Brulee, Yum!, and Fantastic Tiramisu, out of site delicious!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Disappointing dinner on a busy Saturday night. Ordered a drink, waiter had to come back after a couple of minuts because he forgot what I ordered (hint: write it down). Beet salad was good as appetizer...ordered paella and special of day fish as entrees. We waited and waited..asked for some bread...twice..and then someone different appeared and said bread was an extra $3 (if you want bread you apparently have to order their focaccia). It took 30 minutes for the main dishes to arrive (note: the maitre d' thought that 30 minutes was fine and normal...so you are warned!). Fish was hot, Paella was luke warm..perhaps sitting too long waiting for the fish...i don't know. Both were tasty but it's pretty inexcusable to serve luke warm food after 30 minutes wait. I'd skip this one and try some of the other good restaurants in Mt Dora.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Love the outdoor patio and amazing sunsets. Great staff and fun music and really nice people. Appetizers always consistently good

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Prices are rather high, presumably because of the live music and lakeside location. We were 15 minutes early for our reservation and were advised to wait in the bar. Unfortunately we were forgotten and did not get our table until quite a while later, after we saw someone else being seated at our expected table, and after we reminded the host. At the end of the meal our check was delivered to the wrong table and had to be voided and rerung. Beginning and ending spoilt what should have been a pleasant evening. Would recommend inside for low level noise.