1,455 results
All reviews pre cruise free shuttle waffles cruise port room was clean hard boiled eggs free breakfast leave your car shuttle service per person waffle maker front desk staff next morning would stay here again rental car the breakfast area one night stay
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable, the smell of the hotel favorable. The only thing lacking at breakfast was bananas, though there were oranges and apples. It was a bit tricky finding the exact road/driveway, but there's a "loop" around the block (all right turns) if you miss it the first time. Just down LeJune Road was a gas station where fuel was 60 cents cheaper than the first two stations we came by, close to the airport for refueling before returning the rental car.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GramyTnUSA
Reviewed 20 August 2012

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise. It was perfect! The hotel was clean (just a few stains on bedding), the rooms were nice, and the beds very comfortable. We arrived early in the morning from an overnight flight. The front office staff offered for us to get breakfast while they would see if they could check us into a room early. So - we helped ourselves to the free breakfast, and then were able to go to our room afterwards. We were so exhausted, and were much appreciative that they were able to check us in so early, and allow us to take a nap before going out to explore.

The free shuttle service to and from the airport was awesome. In fact, we used this service numerous times, as the airport also has a bus station if you want to go into town. We ended up taking the bus to the metro-rail, and metro-mover which we found we the easiest and safest ways to get around Miami. After being downtown, we felt very thankful that our hotel was in a safe location away from downtown. We felt very safe walking around the area of this La Quinta. We also used the free shuttle to our cruise ship. That was wonderful, and they were so helpful with our luggage as well. The staff was great, no matter what we asked or needed! I would definitely stay there again if taking a cruise from Miami!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jesters01
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My family and my dog stayed here for 2 nights and the room was very clean. The room was on the first floor to facilitate walking the dog for his business. The room smelled clean. The breakfast had many opitons to choose from. The shuttle service has frequent pick ups.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I travel a lot for work but had not been to Miami before. My work pays for my hotels based on being at or below government per diem rates. I selected this hotel because it was slightly below those rates. From the outside the hotel looks nice enough. The lobby is clean and looks modern enough. From what I understand from other reviews on this site, the hotel has recently undergone renovations. I could not tell from the state of my room. The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed lately, and there were large wrinkles in it as if it was not installed properly. The AC was on and set to "high cool" and the temperature knob was turned all the way cold but the temperature in the room felt like it did not get below about 78 the whole time I was there. The toilet mechanism is terrible, often requiring multiple flushes to take care of business, from the sounds of the neighboring rooms, this was not a problem exclusive to this room.
On a positive note, the TV was quite nice. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in of this class that had a TV guide program like you get with good cable or satellite at home. The internet connection was above average but a bit slow sometimes.
The hotel staff that I interacted with spoke fluent english. However, I received a package at the hotel after staying there for two nights and the staff called me at work to inform me that it had arrived...they were unaware that I was a guest at the hotel...
All in all, I would stay there again if I had to but I will do an extensive search for a better hotel before my next trip.

• Trip type: Travelled on business