“Great Place to stay for Miami Dolphins Football games!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stadium Hotel

Stadium Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Ocoee, Florida
“Great Place to stay for Miami Dolphins Football games!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The staff was very polite. Room was very clean and nice. I have been staying at the El Palacio Hotel for many years. I am a die hard Miami Dolphins fan, but I live too far away to go to all the games, therefore I usually pick at least two games a season to go to. The El Palacio Hotel is the perfect place to stay as far as location to the stadium and also being a very nice hotel at a reasonable rate. During regular season they will shuttle you to and from the game for a small fee. You can see the Jumbotron clearly from the balcony on the top floor of the sports bar. Great for pre and post parties. I plan to continue staying at the El Palacio Hotel every time I go to a game.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BLHaggard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My Girlfriend and I have stayed many times at The EL Palacio Hotel. During one of our last stays I met a very pleasant lady on the floor, I asked her for extra towels for the pool, she identified herself as the Housekeeping Manager and took some towels from another lady to give to me, she asked me if I was enjoying my stay and my girlfriend and I began talking with the Housekeeping manager ( I cannot remember her name ) she told us information about other types of upgraded rooms in the Hotel and she even took time out to show us the different rooms, we were both impressed and based on this special VIP TOUR by one of the Property Managers,We both decided to stay in a Pool Jaccuzzi Room for our next stay.
We did last week-end and we were not disappointed with the room, large soft bed with fresh clean linen,romantic in-room jaccuzzi, a beautiful tiled bathroom, a private pool side patio where we sat in the evening to drink wine. The biggest Surprise was the TOWEL FOLDED SWANS.....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ! like on a criuseship,also someone took the time to fold the toilet paper in a really neat style, my girlfriend was so impressed, we will always pay the little extra and stay in the jaccuzzi style room for any of our future stays.

Room Tip: pay the extra for the upgrades it's worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The food and drinks at the legends grill are really good. Chris the Bartender makes a smooth American Honey and Coca Cola. The sampler platter has wings, potato skins, and mozzerella sticks. We had the fries,skins and sticks platter. Chris has a vast knowledge of all things foody and potant potables (Drinks). It was nice to be able to have dinner before the football game then attend the game and come back for more drinks and food before retiring for the evening.
When you look around the grille you will find all sorts of sports memorablia on the walls. It covers everything for every sports lover. There is boxing, golf, hockey, horse racing, auto racing, baseball, basketball and football. It is a great place to prep or unwind following a game at Sun Life Stadium.

Room Tip: Book your room with the AAA membership cards and get a discount
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I visited Miami for one night to see a baseball game and stayed in the El Palacio for the visit and it was a pretty disappointing experience.

The restaurant was closed during the summer months because it was apparently "off season" meaning that since the football wasn't on, the restaurant would be closed.

Also for a sports hotel I thought there may have been a courtesy bus to the stadium about 1.5 miles away, but I was sadly mistaken.

You also have to pay a "resort" fee when you check in and a fee due to the fact that there is a safe in your room.

If i had to stay in the area again, I'd find somewhere better to stay than here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband and I went here in March 2011 and stayed two nights. The staff was friendly. The restaurant was good! I must say I enjoyed my stay and was pleased that most of it looked just like the website. the pool area was really nice. The minigolf needed to be cleaned. I will stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
9.5 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!