South Seas Hotel
USD 536*
USD 450*
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
USD 500*
USD 490*
USD 471*
USD 370*
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 293*
USD 267*
Official Site
USD 291*
USD 465*
USD 435*
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
USD 233*
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
USD 261*
USD 255*
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
USD 344*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
USD 302*
Travelocity
1,630 results
All reviewshammock arealincoln roaddirect access to the beachfree breakfastyogurtnice poolocean drivean older hotelheated poolvalet parkingart deco hotelocean frontan umbrellatwo blocksbeach chairsanamiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Nice hotel, wasn't anything close to the Ocean Point Suites we stayed at in Key Largo but it did the job. Nice pool. Nice breakfast. Restaurant/bar on the property called "Pilikia by the Pool" has the best, I repeat, the best Mahi Mahi on the planet. $21. Chef Mark Fisher really knows his fish. That was worth the stay. Room was nice but kinda blah. Everything white washed. Has safe in room but not big enough for a laptop. IF YOU RENT A CAR, PREPARE TO PAY THIRTY BUCKS A NIGHT TO USE THEIR VALET PARKING, THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE TO PARK BUT IN PARKING GARAGES THAT ARE 2 BLOCKS AWAY. Right on the beach but they charge you to use the umbrella ($10) and chairs ($5) each. Water at the beach is awesome to swim in. Clear water, very little debris. Staff running around everywhere at hotel. A/C in room worked great. Can't rent movies on demand in the room. Has tiki bar at pool and hammocks on the property. Mostly hotels on this main street. There is a shopping and eating district within walking distance. Overall it was nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridgett W
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Nice continental breakfast, great pool, somewhat disappointed to shell out $30 for an umbrella and two chairs on the beach, which is right behind the pool after crossing the boardwalk.
Staff are helpful, bathroom is not very clean, room is small but good enough for sleeping, wish the beds were queen size as I am fairly tall.
Price is not cheap but what can you say, it's South Beach, you know you have to empty out your piggy bank.

Room Tip: Try to get room way from the street but not even numbers as those rooms face onto the trash bins.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I booked a room for me, my wife and my 10 year old daughter. It cost somewhere north of $300 and for that we got a room that you couldn't swing a dead cat in with a panoramic view of a wall; two "Queen" beds - (for midget queens) and a grade school buffet breakfast complete with paper plates and plastic cutlery.
But wait. That's not all. In order to save myself the 'hassle' and potential damage to my car from parking on the street (right around the corner) it was recommended that I avail myself of the 'valet' parking (for a mere $28/night) Well, being a cautious fellow I handed my keys over to their driver. But wait! Where's my iphone? Oh, I left it in the drink holder - but that's ok - it's in good hands, going to the garage with the hotel's trusty employee...I'll just get it in the morning...right?
You guessed it - car returned in the morning without iPhone. When challenged the friendly carpark man gestured to a sign on the valet podium stating "you're screwed"...well, in other words...to the effect that they are not responsible for items left in car. Strange. I thought that was the point. As an added kick in the butt, the hotel was then quite adamant that the valet service has no relation to the hotel. I guess I just assumed that it was part of the hotel as they have a podium on the front porch of the building and address you as soon as you step up to the doors. Silly of me. Now of course I can't prove that my phone was in the car - and I can't prove that the valet took it ... (that's my legal disclaimer)
After the fact they sent me a customer satisfaction survey. I filled it out - with my complaints - rather unemotionally in my opinion...and they didn't respond. Nada.
Do I recommend the South Seas Hotel? Too bad you can't give 'no' star.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Tondalicious
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Thank you for your solitation. My experience at the South Seas Hotel was not at all pleasent. To begin, the rooms and hallways had a very bad odor, like smelly feet. The toilet in my room, number 212, had to be plunged at least three (3) times, the television had to be fixed by maintenence because of fuzziness, and the rooms were very small and not very modern or attractive at all. The lighting in the Hallways is also darker than better hotels, I assume to hide the dirty carpeting. On our third day at South Seas, we requested more clean towels and one of them came with a hair on it. The pictures in the advertisement are very misleading; These photos show rooms with ample space. The toilet in my bathroom was so close to the door I kept hitting my knee on it. I regret not asking to see the room I was to stay in in advance because there is no way I would have chosen to stay there. This hotel is more like a Motel 6 with very attractive lobbies. One time I chose to take the stairs instead of the elevator and there was a dead roach approximately two (2) inches long lying on it's back there to greet me. Within the first 20 minutes of my arrival I called the front desk and requested a refund, If I am going to spend nearly $200 to stay in a hotel, I would happily pay the money to stay somewhere where my patronage is reciprocated. I will NEVER stay at the South Seas hotel again, and I will be sure to advise others to do the same.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before acceping it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Thetravelerin212
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed here a couple of nights and enjoyed the beautiful pool area and few seconds proximity to the sea. I especially loved the hammocks between the palm tree, it was really relaxing to lie in them in the evening and enjoy the cooling sea breeze.
The continental breakfast was lovely and there was plenty to choose from.
The room we got faced the side of another hotel I believe. I was sufficiently spacious and well equipped. It did however look a little bit dated and could do with a bit of a lift or a refresh. The lift was tiny and also quite old looking.
The lobby area is pretty and our overall stay here was really pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple