I took my 88 year old mom here. We were as welcome as the "party animals". We couldn't walk out the hotel w/out someone helping my mom, with her cane, down the stairs. Every where we went on the grounds, they treated here like their mom.
One man, in particular, actually called her "mommy". It was Robert on the roof top pool. He reserved the only rooftop bed that was higher than the rest so it was easier for my mom to get in and out of it. He re-arranged the umbrella every hour or so, so that her face could be in the shade. He brought her water, helped her in and out of the bed, and in and out of the pool. He was beyond friendly and helpful. Robert may be the best "service person" I've ever met in a hotel.
The lap pool in the other building was fantastic. The beach club (1 1/2 blocks away) was great. Even there, you couldn't beat the service. The beach club had a golf cart. They picked up my mom and me, in the golf cart from the beach, and took us to the street. For an 88 year old woman with a cane, that was a HUGE help!
The sushi at Kung Fu Sushi was as fresh as could be. I've had sushi everywhere, including Japan, and you can't beat what they have there.
The wait staff at Maxine's was amazing.
Our room (we had the El Grande Suite) was great. The art deco furnishings were just what we wanted in south beach. In fact, the furnishings in every building (there are 3 of them), were art-deco-perfect.
EVERYTHING about this place was just terrific. I'm 57, and if I can have a great time with my 88 year old mom, well, EVERYONE is welcome here. Partying, or not, you will feel like family.
And, you are a very short walk from Lincoln Mall, a great pedestrian mall FILLED with shops and restaurants, and great people watching.
We booked this hotel at virtually the last minute. But we couldn't have been happier. 5 STARS!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida