All reviews art deco free mini bar wonderful bed make your own waffles social club yoga mat south beach starbucks coffee small pool two blocks lovely boutique cable tv sitting area spacious bathroom ocean drive three blocks beach towels
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Having been an airline pilot and IT consultant and stayed at hundreds of hotels Worldwide, for the price and location this is fantastic! We arrived last night and we given probably the best welcome ever by the delightful Latousha and the cocktail bar person! It’s a warm friendly hotel. It’s an old style hotel with character and the room we got was great and fulfilled our needs. Right in the heart of South Beach. It’s south Florida so of course there will be an insect or two! Stop trying to expect a 5 star hotel, you will get 6 star warmth and hospitality! So over the snobbery on Trip Advisor. Prefer this to a snooty 5 star hotel in Miami which also gets an insect or two! The bed was the best I have slept in since we been on this trip. Do yourselves a favour and book into this hotel!

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the authenticity of the hotel... I wanted a classic Miami art deco hotel and it didn’t disappoint. A little revamp could be in order but overall the kitsch style was on point. Nice little pool area and further away enough from main bars not to hear loud noises but only a five min walk to enjoy them! Beach only 2 blocks away & lots of options for good nearby.
The room was huge and clean... only frustration was how noisy the AC unit was at times...all else was sufficient.
Stayed in many hotels in the area & would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent location close to Beach, great shopping and restaurants yet nice and quiet away from the noise of Ocean Dr
Helpful, friendly staff
Clean comfortable room
Thoroughly recommended perfect for a few days

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

If you're looking for a charming, boutique hotel in South Beach...this is the place to go.

I flew into Miami for a 3-day bachelor party. Due to a late flight, I was unable to book with any of the party. South Beach being what it is, I knew I needed to find a suitable hotel within walking distance to everyone else while also maintaining a budget. I came across Hotel Astor on kayak.com. I was weary at first seeing some of the reviews. I figured the pictures may have been a bit embellished. This was not the case. The day I arrived I was astonished to see that everything from the suite to the lobby itself was exactly as advertised. It's like stepping into the film Scarface, but without the chainsaws or narcotics. Chainsaws for sure. The employee at the front desk was beyond helpful, and even gave me several free drink tickets for the old school bar connected to the main lobby. I could not have chosen a better place for my stay. If you are on a budget, want a short walk to the beach or just enjoy Art Deco, I would definitley consider looking into Hotel Astor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel from Hotel com.
When I arrive and saw outside of hotel it look lovely as Art Deco,
When we check in and don’t very happy at all bc we booked for 4 people they only provide two bath towel !
Before we book and I read from hotel com, they say will have breakfast but there are nothing and don’t use anymore
The room are dirty, the carpet have red mark on the carpet to make me feel not relax at all.
There have no coffee or tea maker at all !!! Only two small bottles of water.
I am not recommend any friends about this hotel
How disappointed because we paid lot of money for dirty hotel and no coffee maker

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family