All reviews art deco free mini bar wonderful bed make your own waffles social club yoga mat south beach starbucks coffee small pool two blocks staff was extremely nice lovely boutique cable tv sitting area spacious bathroom two queen beds ocean drive
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was a first time visitor to South beach and so pleased I found this lovely little hotel online. The location and presentation of the room were great but what made it for me was how lovely the staff were especially the barman in the hotel bar where you get 2 free drink tokens upon arrival.

When I come back to Miami I will definitely be coming back to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Greetings Vernon B,

It was a pleasure to welcome you, and we thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re elated that you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and that our Hotel Astor colleagues made sure your time was memorable. Once more, it was a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to hosting you again.

All the best,

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We arrived at around 10am and although we couldn't check in until 3pm, the reception staff were happy to take our bags so that we could hit the beach. They also did this the day we checked out too which was massively appreciated and really helped! You also get a free drinks token upon arrival.

Rooms are bright, airy and very clean (even when your window faces a wall like ours did). Very long corridors seemed a little eery at first but thats what you get with a historical building like this. Bathrooms are modern, clean and filled with soaps, lotions and plenty of towels.

One FANTASTIC addition - they provide a tote bag with beach towels and yoga mats so you are good to go asap! We took these to a 7am beach yoga session which was free of charge and only a 10-15 minute walk away. Real highlight of our two day trip to Miami.

The location is just two blocks from the beach (a 5-7 minute walk) and right near all of the famous art deco buildings and nightlife but also just far enough away from the nightlife that it doesn't disturb you when you finally want to go to sleep.

I didn't use the little pool but it looked nice and clean. I read a lot of reviews complaining that the two, free to hire, bikes were never available but they were visible at the front of the building the entire time we stayed.

Breakfast was good. Not a massive selection but there was waffle irons, toast, bagels, cheese, ham, fruit, cereal etc. along with a good selection of juices, teas and coffees.

Only downside to this hotel was that both nights we returned and wanted to grab a drink but the bar staff had wandered off and took 20-30 minutes to return, if at all! Really small thing but it was disappointing. We will definitely be returning to explore Miami some more and very likely to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebeca L,

Greetings from South Beach. It was a pleasure to host you on your recent visit and we hope to see you again one day soon. We appreciate your kind review, especially your comments regarding all the amenities we offer here at Hotel Astor. We are thrilled you felt comfortable in our guest rooms and we appreciate your added compliments regarding breakfast. Once more, it was a joy to serve as your home-base while in Miami and we invite you to come join us again soon.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2017

as soonest you get in into the hotel, is like go back to the 50´s beatifull desing. near to the beach; to the collins ave and the lincoln rd; the room perfcet size; it really like me! the employ excelent.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings roquearg2017,

We wish you could return tomorrow! Thank you for the wonderful review, it was a delight to provide you with such a memorable South Beach experience. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I usually stays at Hotel Astor because of the amazing service, convenience and the cleanliness of the room. This time I am deeply disappointed with the level of service. My room isn't ready until 4pm. The Cable TV isn't working and front desk not very friendly or shows she cared. The wifi isn't working and I had to connect to other rooms Wifi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Kuei1982,

It was a pleasure to welcome you Hotel Astor and a delight to know you are a repeat guest. I am deeply sadden that your return was not at the level of service that Hotel Astor strides for. We apologize that we were not able to fix your issues prior to departing and to learn that your room was not ready until 4 pm. Once more, it was a pleasure to welcome you to South Beach and should you ever return, we’d be happy to welcome you again and to make sure that your experience is above and beyond.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Great trip. The location was great, close to everything, but not too close. I found the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I don't thing any other hotel could offer such an accommodating staff. I was also really impressed by my room. It was clean and stylish. The breakfast was good and filling. I felt safe and relaxed at the Astor and would recommend this to anyone. I look forward to a return trip.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Kayla S, Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear teago7,

We love to see perfect scores and we thank you for sharing your review. It was a delight to welcome you to Hotel Astor and we thank you for sharing your comments, especially regarding our team who take great joy in welcoming each of our guests and helping them enjoy the perfect South Beach experience. We thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.