“Unbelievable”
Review of Via Emilia 9

Via Emilia 9
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Emilia 9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 1,235 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: USD 40 - USD 250
Cuisines: European, Italian, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The founders of Via Emilia 9 are four friends bonded by their passion for food and culture from Emilia Romagna. Francesco Prandini was born and raised in Modena where he lived for 32 years. While in Italy, he was a commercial agent for popular gastronomic companies, but then decided to start a new adventure in Florida with his wife Laura in 2012. Raffaele Cognome and Marco Cognome are two entrepreneurs from Ferrara, famous for their bread bakery. At home, they are known as the kings of the "Coppia Ferrarese" from Vassalli Group. Last but not least, his name is Wendy Cacciatori. He has 25 years of experience and owns a couple of restaurants around Bologna.What brought this group together was Francesco's catching enthusiasm. They all quickly realized they could work together to make a dream reality - bringing our tradition and flavors to the Unites States... And why not start from Miami!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Unbelievable food and service. Tortellini is amazing. Thursday seafood day is worth the visit. Family run restaurant that is very authentic. Have the mascarpone dessert.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I am from Emilia Romagna, Italy. All the food that they make is from my region and I can say that this is the best Italian restaurant that I have ever tried in America. The food is fresh and tastes amazing, the portions are just right and the price isn’t bad considering that all the pasta is homemade and definitely made with love. I would 100% recommend this restaurant, especially if you want to try REAL Italian food!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I've been passing this place almost daily for a couple of years now on my way home but only stopped in recently for dinner. The location is admittedly weird on a busy road in the neighborhood area of South Beach. But the food and service of this place were a very pleasant surprise. Run by a husband and wife from Italy, they were both there the evening we ate and she waited on our table while he was heading up the kitchen. We took her recommendations and immediately fell in love with the Tortellini in Brodo- wow it was a delicious light broth with mini homemade tortellini which were being hand rolled on the other side of the window next to our table.
I've recommended it to many people already because I really believe its a hidden gem in Miami Beach. It was a lovely experience and a beautiful place with heart. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Service: unfriendly, zero smiles, if you don’t order extra items, our waitress seemed pissed. Unbelievable!!
Food taste: pastas were very good
Portions: owners, listen very carefully....portions are better/larger in a Russian gulag. If you charge $18-$20 for a plate of pasta, feed your customer!! My plate: 1/4 filled. I left hungry. NOT COOL!
Will I return: when there’s a blizzard in Miami

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Mykonos55
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Sensationally Sensational!
The food was amazing/
As good or better than Italy.
Homemade pasta was outstanding..,
Salad was pricey - but excellent.
There’s this flat bread with salad, cheese, and tomato- get this as appetizer it was better than pizza. Amazing.
Waitress was in the spot.
Host was in the spot.
We ate outside - it was sheer perfection.
We’ll surely be back the next time we r in town!

Date of visit: February 2018