“Great first time experience!!”

Asian House Chinese and Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #515 of 1,219 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went to the Asian House for take out and very pleased with the quality of the food. We ordered the vermicelli noodles and 3 combination plates. All were hot and with great taste. The egg rolls were excellent.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

As I stepped into the Asian House restaurant, the aroma took me back to restaurants I visited in Taipei, Taiwan. Having spent several months there I became quite familiar with that delightful aroma. We ordered takeout and I had high expectations when I got home with the meal. Those expectations were met 100%. The Hot and Sour soup was the best I have had in North America. Shrimp with vegetables was superb. The egg rolls were tasty, but nothing special. You must give Asian House a try! One thing, Trip advisor shows the restaurant to be in Miami Beach. It is in Pasadena, FL (250miles north of Miami Beach). The street address and zip code are correct.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The first round, I got someone who spoke little English and had no idea what I was talking about. He did ask me to call back and the next person answering was both aware of what gluten is, and also what I could eat from the menu. We ordered shrimp with lobster sauce, shrimp with vegetables and Singapore chow mae fun, all of which I was assured would be gluten free.

When my husband walked in the door, he said, “This place smells like the restaurants I visited in Taiwan! The shrimp were cooked perfectly, the vegetables fresh and tender crisp with light sauces. I’d been warned that the Singapore noodles were spicey and they were indeed (which suited me fine).

I am not Celiac, so I cannot speak to cross contamination, but I haven’t had the belly discomfort I get when food has gluten. I don’t think I would choose to eat at the restaurant, but for take-out this won a spot in my phone directory.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Nothing special. A little pricey for the amount of food they serve. I had the I Don't Know. Not much flavor. I expected more of a peanut flavor. Will not be returning.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

First of all please understand that this is an updated review from my previous one months ago. Also, I have ordered carryout from here a number of times since that review.

However, my most recent visit, yesterday, was the worst experience I've ever had for ANY restaurant ordering carryout. Basically, the woman behind the counter was the rudest and obnoxious person I've ever had the displeasure of talking to.

When I ordered our meal over the phone things were fine. She asked if I wanted "house mustard" to which I replied "not this time, thank you." What I didn't realize is that the food I ordered did have an egg roll with it. All Combination orders do. It was a simple mistake. But, when I showed up at the counter I simply asked if I could get 1 house mustard to which she replied "that will cost you $1." I had no idea that a little cup of this mustard wasn't free with the order. I told her that's okay I'll have a couple of packs of the "other" mustard. She in turn began a tirade of sorts telling me that she asked me over the phone and I said no. I told her I changed my mind because I realized the mistake with the egg roll. She then told me it was "my problem" for not ordering the mustard. Blah blah blah it went on with her. I finally told her that she didn't need to be rude to me especially since I was a repeat customer. She snapped back about it not being "her" problem to which I told her "no, it's not anyone's problem" but to talk with me with her tone of voice with other customers in the establishment was 100% uncalled for. I finished by telling her I would take my future orders to a neighboring competitor to which she said, "go."

That's the long and short of the incident. I don't know if she was just having a bad day but in her line of business one would think that repeat customers AND first timers should be treated with kindness. Sort of like family to be honest. She belittled me and made me quite honestly a little hot under to collar.

To make the experience even worse was the food we ordered wasn't even hot. The rice was cold, the hot and sour soup was so spicy I almost gagged on it. Both main orders ware cold and stale tasting. At best, it was throw away food.

Yes, it was not a great experience and ended with the gentleman behind me at the counter agreed with me. His head shake and smile was all I needed to know that this wasn't a customer issue but a employee problem.

Summary...they lost a valued customer for life!!!! I'll leave it at that.