I came back from The Congress Hotel June of 2011. I never wrote a review, but I will now. What an incredible location in South Beach! It is located right next to the Cleavlander, and across the street from the beach on Ocean Drive, you couldn't ask for a more prime location than that. There is a 12.50 resort fee but there is value in it. You receive breakfast and lounge chairs on the beach. Room was ready when I checked in at 6PM. The hallways looked very old and that kind of scared me while i was walking up to my room. The room was very nice though, just as I expected it to look from pictures online. My view was the building next to me and the walkway to the front desk area. Breakfast was really good every morning (service not so good. Took at least 20 minutes for someone to take our order)
Tip: Daniel is an awesome bellboy/handy man- Pretty much made our stay wonderful.
Also, Jr. Suites are only king bedding. Be aware that you cant get two beds at this hotel in one room.
Cons: French balcony (very very small balcony) our door was broken during our stay. We closed it, and when we came back to the room, the door just pushed open. nothing was taken from the room, and Daniel promptly came up and fixed the problem
If your sliding door is open at night, it can be very noisy but don't forget you are in South Beach where all the parties are!
Overall thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Congress. I would definitely recommend this hotel and definitely return to stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the South Beach lifestyle at our hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Located in the heart of Miami's Art Deco Historic District on Ocean Drive, we offer spacious, stylish suites with all the amenities of home. With stellar views of the ocean and the bustling action of Ocean Drive, our beachfront hotel is exactly what you need for your stay in Miami. Because we are located right on the beach, fun in the sun is literally at your doorstep. Stake out your spot in the sand and enjoy the signature Florida sunshine. With the average temperatures in the 70s and 80s, you can enjoy the beach and the sun almost all year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Suites at Congress Ocean Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand Ocean Drive Hotel
- Strand Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- Suites At Congress Ocean Drive Miami Beach, Florida