So as other customers complained, we arrived at 12 noon, official check - in time 4, I had already requested that if it is possible please check us in early. I even saw several guests checking out. But after our 3 night stay we discovered that this was all dude to the staff being insufficient , either there is no proper head count and they should work on hiring more people.
We decided to check out the pool and the beach, there is no place to change so we were sent to the toilet on the rooftop near the pool. Filthy toilet, i almost cried, as the toilet wasnt even flushed, and there was no service member at the roof top bar. The only good thing about the bar is their friendly bartender who did her best to be helpful and gave us tips about the area. Besides that the front desk lady was extremely rude, unpolite and unprofessional.
I have stayed at hotels all over the world and they focus on superior customer service, this hotel is only thriving because of its fabulous location and nothing else.
they made us wait for 4 hours of what seemed like an eternity to prepare our room , and it was almost a hundred degrees outside, the least they couldve done wouldve been to call and inform us that they are working on our room, infac at one point when i went up at the front desk, she completely ignored me
The breakfast coupons are such a scam , u can only order a limited menu which is pretty much a serving of scrambled eggs OR pancakes OR an omelet with a piece of toast and coffee
The staff at the beach and the bellman were helpful and nice
apart from that getting towels at the front desk again was a mission. One time we had to wait to ask for a towel for 20 minutes, because the female at the front desk was busy talking about her manisure with a guest, and then obviously my husband gave it to her that how unprofessional are you you have a guest standing here , waiting for a towel while u completely ignore him. Front desk peple need to get their act straight.
Please expect the place to be noisy, its a good party environment so if you want a quieter place, this is definately not the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the South Beach lifestyle at our hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Located in the heart of Miami's Art Deco Historic District on Ocean Drive, we offer spacious, stylish suites with all the amenities of home. With stellar views of the ocean and the bustling action of Ocean Drive, our beachfront hotel is exactly what you need for your stay in Miami. Because we are located right on the beach, fun in the sun is literally at your doorstep. Stake out your spot in the sand and enjoy the signature Florida sunshine. With the average temperatures in the 70s and 80s, you can enjoy the beach and the sun almost all year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Congress Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand Ocean Drive Hotel
- Strand Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- Congress Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida