“Top Notch Service and Seafood”
Review of Quinn's - CLOSED

Quinn's
Price range: USD 20 - USD 60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Very attentive and friendly service. Bam Bam shrimp that everyone raves about is really that good. Huge portion of seafood pasta loaded with fresh seafood. Mojito was perfect. Save room for big slice of Key Lime pie, not too sweet and not too tart - amazing. Prices were reasonable for level of service and quality.

1  Thank sandy15

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Do you want to know the receipe of a great seafood restaurant, try Quinn's in south beach
It never fails when you have those ingredients:
- a passionate chef who is the owner ,
- fresh & not frozen fish
- small menu with great choices
- Generous portions
- homemade delicious dessert
- great service( not car salesman)
- loungy atmosphere with right comfortable sound volume

I have eaten here at least 4 times, definitely try the shrimp bam bam,.... the crab cakes are great, really made of jumbo lump crab with no much fillers, all the entrees that I've tried are worth their price, if you are price concious but can afford an average $30-$40 entree....you will not feel guilty afterward but glad.
What really got me hooked on this place, beside the freshness, service, etc is the flavors, articulated in all the entrees I 've tried. It is very rare when everything on your plate looks & taste good, ...by everything I mean the fish, and all the accompanying sides.
Oops I almost forget, the sinful bread basket, if you have a bird stomach. Skip it, tell the waiter or the hostess when you are seated to spare you the bread basket. The bread basket itself in it's variety is a meal for some,
Definitely going back, and I'll Share future delicious experiences from this place

1  Thank Kiyaal
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had a wonderful meal last night at Quinn's. It began with Lobster bisque & Bam Bam Shrimp, both excellent choices. My boyfriend ordered Crab Crusted Mahi Mahi for his entree & I had Pan Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Thyme Risotto with mushrooms & peas. These were both outstanding & don't forget the bread basket (the popover was so good I requested another one and they gladly brought one). We finished the meal with Key Lime Pie (voted the best in the state) and were not disappointed. Our waiter, Matthew, was attentive without being a pest& very efficient. During our meal the owner/chef, Mr. Quinn, stopped by our table to inquire if everything was to our liking, this was especially nice considering how busy the restaurant was. If you are in South Beach I highly recommend you eat here, it was a memorable experience. Did I mention how cool the decor of the restaurant is? A must see!!!

1  Thank Patty B
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Husband and I were in Miami Beach celebrating our anniversary. Strolled down Ocean Drive looking for a place to eat dinner, and this Zagat rated restaurant looked like it would be decent with quality food. We were promptly seated, restaurant was not busy. Our waiter came by to take a drink order and gave me a wine list with no pages in it. Had to get someone else to remedy this. Nice selection of wine by glass and bottle. Husband ordered a cocktail and the server took it upon himself to upgrade the liquor pour, which he mentioned as he placed the drink on the table. Waiter took our order, which was for me a "exotic greens" salad on the menu , husband didn't want any appetizer but consented to a "small salad" when waiter persisted. Turned out to be the same $9 salad listed on the menu. When entrees were brought to the table waiter had ordered wrong pasta dish for me. Took it back, I asked for another glass of wine, and he promised correct entree within 5 minutes. Food quality was very good and satisfying. Ordered a slice of cheesecake to share--delicious. Received the check, automatic addition of 18% gratuity (which our waiter explanied as necessary due to the foreign visitors who do not always understand of our tipping customs in the US, and we could accept that as reasonable explanation,) and then he proceeded to say "I hope you do not hate me because of my mistake with your food." No MEANINGFUL gesture, like comping my 2nd glass of wine or our dessert, was offered.

Other smaller issue, if you don't like canned music, ask to be seated away from their patio speaker. With the live music vibe from neighboring restaurants pleasantly filling the outside air space, we thought Quinn's own speaker music was unnecessary on the patio.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We were seated promptly upon arrival at our time of reservation. The service was amazing and the quality of the food was EXCELLENT! A very pleasant and elegant atmosphere unlike the surrounding establishments. The menu offered multiple choices for the pickiest of palates without being overwhelming. The food presentation was above par. I had the lobster paired with asparagus and scalloped potatoes and was not disappointed in one single bite! They also offer a full bar - I would recommend the Mojito! We will definitely return to Quinn's VERY soon!

1  Thank nrseklk