All reviewsrooftop poolsouth beachlincoln roadliving areasmall kitchenrooms are largeenjoyed my staythe hotel managerlocation is excellentolablockgalemicrowavecollins
Reviewed 17 September 2012

First and foremost, i must admit... this hotel hands down has the best restaurant (Ola) in town. Chef Horacio Rivadero cooks up the best ceviches you would have ever eaten in your lives. i would come back here to eat, but NOT TO STAY.
The rooms are large (living bed room separate with a balcony or a place you can step out) but old and run down. The rooms have older TV's a Philips CD player and some really lame old amenities. The air conditioning is LOUD to the point, it keeps you up at night. I complained, but nothing was done. The rooms weren't clean, i saw a couple of roaches. There was an unprofessional air all over the hotel where there was NO clear definitions of who were staff members and who were guests. Guess they did not have any uniform.... everything was casual and laid back (guess its a Miami thing) but if that thing came with higher efficiency levels, it would have helped.
Pool: don't bother with the pictures online about the Zen garden and the swimming pool..... its a facade.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gumstrip
Samantha R, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for your review and want to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. Ola Restaurant is without a doubt the best restaurant in town, we are glad you enjoyed it.
I would like to clarify that our entire staff wear uniforms, our back of the house staff can easily be recognized by t-shirts that read THE SANCTUARY HOTEL in the front in big bold orange letters, same as our Hotel’s logo; our front of the House staff wears formal attire, again, we apologize if you did not distinguish them. Our rooftop pool is ideal for relaxation, and we can easily accommodate our guests at either of our sister properties’ beach clubs, the Shelborne South Beach or the Bentley South Beach. As always, we will use your review as feedback to further train our staff and improve our guests’ experiences. I would like to invite you back to stay at the sanctuary in the near future. Please email me directly at aaguilera@meninhotels.com so I can coordinate your next Miami stay

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Last year we went for another convention and we stayed at the Days Inn. It was the worst hotel and the worst experience in the world. This year we were looking for a hotel close to the Miami Convention Center and without knowing how close you were we decided to try your hotel. I travel a lot, specially to Latin American Countries, but I had never had the experience I had at your hotel. It was the best hotel ever!!!! The employees where amazing, there is not one thing I can say it was wrong about your hotel. Very well centered, very peaceful and quite, clean and white beautiful decoration, great air condition, kitchenette and great service 24 hours a day.
I want to mention, what a great personnel your hotel has, it's like a beautiful family and made us feel like we were home. Always with a smile and willing to help no matter what!!
We were very impressed with one special employee, his name is Juan Gomez. Always with a smile, giving us a great service, answered all our questions without hesitating and the most important thing he gave us a 200% service!!!!!! For whatever we need him, he was there 24/7 for us. Also, I want to mention Augusto Aguilera, amazing too,always with a huge smile in his face and willing to help and make us feel comfortable all the time. We have never stated a hotel, where they made us feel so good!!!
I will like you to be aware, that the service was so good, that I took with me more than 50 hotels business cards and I recommended your hotel to everyone at the Miami Beach Convention Center? Everyone said they were making the reservations at your hotel for the next convention. I told them to call Juan or Augusto on gave them my name so they would know I referred them to your hotel.
All I have left to say is " THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL STAY AND A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE WITH ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES, THEY TOGETHER MAKE A GREAT TEAM" CONGRATULATIONS,!! And we hope to be at your hotel very soon!!!!! Regards, Maria Herrera

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MariaHerrera47

On behalf of the Sanctuary family, thank you thank you for this wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments and are happy to hear you had such a fabulous experience. i am pleased to hear that Juan was able to take such good care of you, he is truly an asset of the Sanctuary family.
We look forward to your next visit and in the meantime remain at your service.

Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Me and my hubby live in downtown Miami. We go to vacation once or twice a week. To a hotel on south beach. We been to plenty of hotels. But we just went to Sanctuary in south beach on September 13 2012. The one thing i can say most is that the staff there is awesome. They are always there when you need them and they always have smiles. We stayed in the Spa Penthouse. When we walked in the first thing we saw was the shower. When we took a shower it was like standing under a waterfall. my hubby love the bed the most we had the best sleep in a long time. My hubby love it so much he wanted to take it home. So if you want that knockout sleep this is the perfect place...And there are clean spotless you see them always clean.....BEST HOTEL I EVER WENT TO I RECOMMEND THE SANCTUARY ON SOUTH BEACH MIAMI FLORIDA!!!!!!!!

Try the spa penthouse and they have grest prices.

Love:Jess and jay

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you sincerely for sharing this valuable feedback, it is always amazing to hear from our guest. Our goal is to provide excellent service and create memorable experiences for all of our guest.
Our Sanctuary team will definitely be recognized for the outstanding service they have provided you with.
We anticipate your next visit, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just back from a trade show in Miami Beach. The Sanctuary was the PERFECT place to stay. Within two blocks of the convention center. Rooms were great, even have a small kitchen area, and there is beautiful pool on the roof. The hotel is small and the staff were great. Special shout out to Juan who helped with all our requests or needs with a smile! Would definately recommend this place for business or a romantic get away. Try the Ola restaurant too!

See you all next year! Kathy

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Kathy for your generous comments regarding your recent stay. We take pride in ensuring our guest's experience is memorable and are truly proud to have achieve this with you. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to continue improving our service level in the future. Please contact me directly at aaguilera@meninhotels.com should you need assistance for your return visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This was my 2nd time at the Sanctuary and i was really impressed with the renovations of the property,the room i stayed in last time was nice but needed a bit of work,this time was absolutely spotless,it had new furniture and amenities.
The service, just like last time was amazing,the staff makes you feel like family,they go out of their way to make you feel just like at home.
I will recommend this Hotel to anybody looking for something private and really close to everything...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Marshall for your wonderful feedback. we truly appreciate your recognition and recommendation. Our Sanctuary staff will certainly be recognized for their impressive hospitality skills and service. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and anticipate your next visit.