“Relaxing stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
melissagw...
San Diego, California
“Great Condo-Beware of Property Manager”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I will first start off by saying the condo itself is gorgeous and everything we were hoping to get for my girlfriend's bachelorette party pad. The process of booking through Flip Key, paying, and communication up to the day before we arrived was great. It was when coming face-to-face with the property manager, Mark, that almost ruined our trip.

Firstly, he charged an extra $200 to check in early (our flight arrived at 6 am and we wanted to get into the condo earlier than 4pm). I understand the 1/2 day up charge IF the condo was rented the night before and they had to rush to clean up more quickly, but this condo was not booked the night before and I am assuming our $200 just went straight into his pocket. When I agreed to pay the extra amount, he told me he would drop by that morning we arrived as he LIVES IN ONE OF THE CONDO's ON THE SAME FLOOR! Buzz-kill...no one wants to hear their property manager not only lives onsite, but practically shares a wall with you...

When he came by in the morning, one of my girlfriend's answered the door and he asked for me. Instead of waiting for me to come to the door, he barged in without asking. His rudeness caught us all by surprise and he began nagging us about the decorations we were taping to the mirrored wall (treating us as if we were vandalizing the property). He eventually left and at that point, I just chalked the encounter up as "awkward".

The next day we realized we would either need more bath towels since we did not see a washer/dryer in our condo or on premises. I emailed the house keeping person and she brought up more towels. After she delivered them, I received an email from Mark, telling me I would need to pay an additional $25 fee for more towels. I told him he should have told me that before they were brought up and that he should come back and retrieve them since I would not be paying for that.

He eventually knocked on the door and when I went to hand him the stack of towels, he barged in....again without asking. He barked, "There is no need to get mad." At this point, a couple of my other girlfriends had joined the conversation and we all proceeded to explain that if there wasn't a washer/dryer available for us, we shouldn't have to pay for more towels. I honestly can't believe what happened next....

There is a locked door with a code system right near the front door. Mark quickly punched in some code (which was never given to us, nor did he write it down for us) and opened the door to a washer/dryer. We all blurted out at the same time, "Why didn't you tell us about the washer and dryer prior to us arriving or when we wanted more towels?!" Mark's response??? "YOU NEVER ASKED ME!". We started expressing that we were unhappy with his lack of service. He then threw his hands in the air, yelled, "This is F---ing ridiculous!" and stormed out. We were in total shock of Mark's serious lack of professionalism and the fact that he dropped the F-bomb to a group of female clients who dropped over $2000 to rent this condo for 3 nights

A few minutes later, he wrote me an "apology" email, but then told me I should reassess how my friends and I reacted towards the situation. I never responded and we never used the extra towels or asked him for the washer/dryer code.

If you rent this condo, seriously, take before and after pictures for your own records as he is not the most trustworthy property manager. PS: My husband and I own our own property management business in San Diego and this is not how you treat your tenants ;)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The condo/location
Liked least: The property manager, Mark
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
jerilynn0...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A perfect "suite" vacation!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

The suite was comfortable and well appointed. Out on the balcony, you can sip your coffee and watch the sunrise over the ocean, in the evening you can sip a glass of wine and see the sunset behind downtown Miami. I spent my 60th birthday here with my children and their spouses. There was plenty of room for five adults, especially with 3 bathrooms. The kitchen was more than adequately stocked with cooking utensils, dishes and glassware. The resort personnel were very friendly and helpful and the owner, Mark, responded to any questions I had in a very timely manner.

Everything was perfect.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views.
Liked least: The elevators are slow and fill up quickly.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
UK
Reviewed 3 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
3 Jul 2013
It was a pleasure hosting your group. We hope to see you again in the near future down in sunny Miami Beach.

Mark
Cordoba
Reviewed 22 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
22 Jun 2013
I am extremely glad that we have met all of your expectations. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Mark
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing