“Hotel deserves more credit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Five Hotel

Ocean Five Hotel
Ranked #108 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Northampton
“Hotel deserves more credit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have always used Trip Advisor to look at hotels I will be staying in, but never leave any feeback...until now!!!
This hotel does not deserve the criticism that some people have given it.
Let me start from the beginning. We arrived in the early evening and was very happy to see a clean entrance and beauitful lobby with a very helpful member of staff on the front desk who explained everything to us and was very polite and friendly.
On to the bedroom and it was lovely and clean with aircon (yes was a little noisey, but once my head hits the pillow, I hear nothing). What else could I ask for? Room was spacious with a massive bed that could of fitted a family in, spotlessly clean with a lovely glass fronted shower in the bathroom and TV and Ipod docker at the end of the bed. Maids tidied the room everyday and we couldn't of been more happier.
Location was IMMENSE. Could not have been in a better place. Two minutes stroll onto the beach front, right next to Walgreens the supermarket that sold everything and I mean everything and best of all on Ocean Drive where all the bars and restaurants are. Just around the corner was Collins Street with all the 'posh' shops and Washington Avenue with more shops, fast food joints, restaurants and nighclubs. Nikki Beach was 5 streets away and Miami airport was 20 minutes away. Bus stop just around the corner where you could get the Local Sobe Bus for 25cents or the normal Miami buses for $2 that take you from South Miami to North Miami or Downtown Miami.
Honestly the only complaint I could have was that the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool, but how can I complain when I knew that before I went and also being on the beach, does it matter?!
Breakfast did make me chuckle as yes it is only jam on toast and a drink, but I see a lot of people enjoying tucking into it in a nice little restaurant along with myself. I can't comment on the evening meals as I did not eat in there!
Seriously, I got this hotel for a great week rate with my girlfriend and we were very happy with the whole holiday.
If anybody would like to know more or see pictures, then please contact me and I will be happy to help
Thanks

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Berlin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Staff was very polite and pleasant, but all other things was terrible. For that price they are charging - too far to good. I didnt like that room wasnt clean enough and it did smell. Main reason im writting is the restaurant.. After all day walking i just wanted to go to room and maybe order some food, drinks or at least come down into it, but restaurant is close. At night time its was a little busy,but for me it was more like dinning room, just people screaming and talking loud, but in day time its closed.. I was dissapointed a little. At least it good location and incredible staff. But i wouldnt come back again. Keep searching guys, there are better places where to spend holidays.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katia L

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Spent 4 days here. Arrived late and checked in quickly, The staff were fantastic and let us know what we needed. We had to go through the restaraunt to get to our rooms which was a major turn off as the place was busy and we had a lot of bags. The rooms were spacious with big beds and the toilet was fine, but the rooms really did smell. The decor was ok. Got bitten by a few mosquitos at night. The hotel was clean though.
The location is fantastic right next to beach and the strip full of bars and restraunts.Big road works outside so the bus which picked us up couldn't get around so we nearly missed it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
East Sussex, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Oh dear, where to start....

The brouchure list this as a boutique hotel. It's not, it's just small. Small doesn't mean boutique, which to me implies some sense of individuality, quirkiness etc.

The rooms smell very strongly of disinfectant if you have the air con (and in Miami in September you need it, it's very humid). So given the disinfectant smell (which implies cleanliness) imagine how we laughed at the irony of seeing a cockroach on the bed. We didn't laugh of course.

I complained to the guy at the front desk who offered a change of room or complimentary parking ($25 a night). We took the change of room unsurprisingly and were comforted that we got a room in a different buildling (the hotel is split over 2 adjacent buildings) but really I'd have expected both a new room and free parking. I couldn't be bothered to argue though as we were thankfuly staying just the one night.

What else - it claims to have free wifi but didn't, and the continental breakfast (which was included - rare for US hotels) may as well not have been: a choice of cornflakes, cheerios or white toast, some some quarters of apple and orange which looked like they'd been sitting there too long. And the orange juice was either watered down and or just the very cheap stuff.

On the plus side, you are minutes from Miami Beach, but there must be dozens of hotels that can say the same.

For what it's worth, the 2 staff we met were very nice, but that's not saying much, is it?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hartford, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

If your just looking for a bed and a place to shower this is ur place. Other than that they advertise for a continental breakfast but it's ONLY toast. You have to pay for your juice and anything additional u want on the menu. Second, the rooms are divided into two buildings, so if u need ice you have to go to the main office in another building to get it. Don't expect your room cleaned and if cleaned its not till after 3/4 it gets done.

• Stayed August 2011