“Great location, beautiful expensive hotel”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #64 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, beautiful expensive hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My bf and I stayed here back in Sep 2011 for 5 nights.

The pool/beach area is beautiful, the hotel ground is very well maintained. The cool towers/sun lotions that server brings you at the pool is a nice touch to the good service they provide.

Our room wasn't ready for 4 hours (we arrived at around 12), so they were very literal about their 4pm check-in policy

I booked a "partial-ocean view room" and we were given a room in the St. Mortiz's tower. It was very nice and clean, with comfy king-size bed and a GREAT view (overseeing the entire pool and the ocean).

We tried the hotel restaurant for dinner one night and it wasn't bad neither was it impressive. The service was great though. The cute ice-cream/dessert shop was very lovely and enjoyable to take a break from the heat.

wireless in the lobby was great, we normally spent 30min - 1hr a day sitting in the lobby with our coffee and surfed the net.

Lastly -- things are expensive in the hotel (meals, coffee, dessert, room service) but then, EVERYTHING in SB is expensive so I can't complain too much. If you are relatively well-off and want a nice, modern hotel with good service, Loews will probably live up to your expectations.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for posting comments about your last visit to the hotel. We really appreciate it and are thrilled you had a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great Hotel tough to beat in terms of quality, staff, food etc. However, the service charges are ridiculous under no circumstances should I order Sushi from my room then walk down to pick it up and be charged a service fee of $7 for what? I go to the wonderful ice cream shop order some ice cream and I get charged a service fee?? I was charged 117 for parking for 3 nights which is about the norm in MIA ($39pn)- But I just checked my CC statement and noticed an additional charge for 39...I'll have to look into that. The walls are extremely thin, our neighbors were early risers so the 6am showers were very disturbing ex after late nights. btw The lobster omelet was to die for little pricey but well worth it! Would I stay here again? Absolutely would I buy anything on premise absolutely not! Your even tagg for Fuji water $6 dollars per bottle if you dare consume! I recommend going to the Walgreens at the corner and getting the same exact water for $2 dollars. Same for liquor just cross the street. It looks like the hotel mgr only responds to favorable comments but I hope he reads this one and address these ridiculous nickel and diming practices on going at the Lowes Miami.

Room Tip: Ocean views are phenomial
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhantomRed
Port Gentil, Gabon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Hotel is nice, well located. Rooms are a bit small and with a child no intimicy possible for a couple; basically the child bed was a folding sofa 20cm from the king size bed!
Also since the sofa is always opened you ended up with very small space in the room.In the bathroom there is a curtain in the shower, I say that because I really don't like curtain in hotel 's shower. A part from this the breakfast in the restaurant can be very suprising in terms of price: more than 100 usd for 2 adults and a 3 years old child!!! That was a shock for us! The reason of this is that there are continental and american breakfast. Apparently we took both of them, we did not realize the continental was on one table and the american was another table...
The swimming pool full of children, we took this hotel because it is family friendly but it was just a bit too much and we did not enjoyed the swimmimg pool.
Conclusion, hotel is fine, weel located, not as far as the W hotel ( which is much better but a bit far from center, lincoln,...), a bit expensive for the quality and very noisy around the swimming pool in summer. And be carrefull, the spa and fitness are not free you must pay to use one of the running machine!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

The room was average and the bed was comfortable. Despite the bed, it was next to impossible to sleep due to my neighbor's phone conversation. She wasn't speaking all that loud but I could pick up enough to drive me crazy. Called the front desk twice and they said they would send security up to the room and offered to move me. I accepted but never heard back. I guess my exhaustion got the best of me or security got to her. The next thing I heard was the wake up call.

When I checked out and shared my experience with the front desk, I was asked if there were a connecting door between the rooms; there was and to her credit she admitted that was the problem. So...if you are planning a trip, make sure there's no connecting door

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank baiano59
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have been going to the Loews hotel in South Beach for years now and always have a fantastic experience. The hotel facility is absolutely beautiful. The lobby looks incredible, the path to the pool is magnificent,and you just feel great staying at this hotel. The last time I went I had a free upgrade coupon to a suite and the room was amazing. Standard rooms are still pretty great but if you can upgrade to an ocean suite do it! it is right on the beach, the pool and beach are absolutely the best in South Beach. The pool doesn't have any crazy parties but I think it's best that way for when you want to relax after doing all the other crazy stuff during spring break. The hotel is pricey but if you want the best you have to shell out the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
We loved reading your post, and are thrilled you continue to return to the hotel year after year. We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.