“An old timer that still has spunk.”
Review of The Sagamore Hotel

The Sagamore Hotel
Ranked #92 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had to find a place to stay at the very last minute and I remembered this hotel from many years ago from before South Beach became too commercial.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this hotel managed to keep the magic of that time . We only had an issue with the magnetic door keys and the place should be a bit cheaper considering the barebones breakfast and lack of views of the rooms assigned to us . The concierge people were very accommodating but lacked experience. Over all a good stay and the location is very convenient .

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,923)

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Cool room but overlooking a building site and woken up at 8 am with very noisey and crude builders. Staff are quite frienfly but nothing special. It's a good enough hotel but missing something. Unless you get a very good deal it's probably overpriced.

Bottom line - ok but pricey

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed as a family of three for 3 nights in September. The rooms are very nice....Lovely and clean too. The kitchenette is very handy and products are good.Very attractive hotel and good value too. Very handy for walking in to SB also.
The only creative criticisms I/we have: The music is a bit too loud by the pool and when we were there....it took a while to have our things cleared away.
The pizzas need a little more flavor!
The 'White lights' on the balcony are not very nice....I am sure a low watt bulb would be better...the curtains do not quite close...so we had constant light coming in.
These are minor but thought it was good to note these details!
Overall though a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at The Sagamore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Domenge3,

Thanks for sharing your review after your recent stay here with your family. We are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

I have made note of your several suggestions in regards to the room and it is certainly something that we will take a look at. We always let our guests know to make us aware of any issues they have while here so we can try to correct them on the spot.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope that you will be returning to stay here with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Well I honestly didn't know what to expect at first, I chose the "Sag" primarily because of its legendary reputation, unbeatable price, and location of course. My first impression was that it certainly wasn't the largest hotel, but it had charm, and so did the staff!! Let me say that the service was first class all the way!!! From the moment I entered this place I could feel the positive energy from the lovely girl Dailin at the front desk. The barage of bellboys was orchestrated by a professional named Linford, these gentleman handled my luggage as if it were their own. The Man who appeared to be in charge, James, made me feel like I was the president of the United States!! He accomodated every request my wife and son could possibly think of, he even gave my son a piggyback ride to the room! Danny the beach attendant was also quite accomodating, he helped my lovely wife with her tanning lotion while I enjoyed the warm torquoize water that South Beach had to offer. I could go on for hours about our stay at this exquisite luxury hotel, but to sum up the experience, The Sagamore is truely the jewel of southern Florida.

Room Tip: Ask for james!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at The Sagamore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Amin n

Thanks for sharing your terrific review of Sagamore. We are thrilled to hear that our staff made such an impact on your families stay here with us.

We always consider our staff to be the backbone of this property and it is the one aspect that can set us apart from similar properties. It is obvious that our entire team went above and beyond to provide you with quite the memorable stay and we hope that you will now choose Sagamore each and every time you decide to travel to Miami.

We thank you again for choosing Sagamore and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I won this hotel from the Today Show. Prize included 3 night stay, air, spa & daily breakfast. We had an ocean front suite on the 6th floor. Room was very white & clean.

Location - in the middle of south beach. Only blocks away from Ocean Drive.

Spa - was very good. Had a 50 minute message, mud treatment & mani/pedi.

Downfalls - - Very loud music from the Delano, which is 2 hotels away. Very loud when at the pool or the spa!

Breakfast buffet needed some variety - the same food waas served every day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

PinkSurvivor,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent stay. First I would like to say congratulations for winning the Today Show Prize as I am sure that was quite exciting for you.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your oceanfront suite as those are certainly one of the best suites to enjoy here at Sagamore. We do apologize if the music from our neighbors kept you up as there are times here in South Beach when there may be a special event going on nearby however we always try to do our best to minimize the issues to our guests as a result.

We will be sure to pass along your great praise to the spa staff as well as you sound very pleased with their services also. We thank you again for sharing your review and hope to see you again here at Sagamore.