My wife and I travel to South Beach every year for spring break. We have stayed at the Ritz, Delano, Setai, and others. Last year we stayed at the Sagamore. While it is not as over-the-top as the others, the rooms were larger and the location just as nice. Price is comparable.
This year, we decided to go back to the Sagamore. We called and booked the same room as last year, garden view with balcony. We received confirmation and thought we were all set. That changed when we checked in and the garden view room looked out on the brick wall of the hotel next door. There was no balcony. They had given the room that we reserved to other guests.
They did move us to a room that looked out on the construction site immediately next door. The wake up call of pounding hammers at 8:00 a.m. each day was a feature we could have done without. In total, it was very disappointing. My guess is that someone had the room on the construction side of the building and was moved to our room. When i went to the front desk to try to change the room the two people in front of me in line were also complaining about the construction and trying to move.
The employees are very nice and were appropriately apologetic. I don't think we will be visiting the Sagamore again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Suite Hotel, guest rooms with individual decors, private art collections; set on the ocean, near convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sagamore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sagamore Miami Beach, Florida
- Sagamore Hotel Miami Beach