New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Amami - CLOSED

Amami
Price range: USD 25 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & Collins Avenue
Transit: Bus lines S, 120, 150 Washington Avenue, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road
Description: AMAMI through the window
Charleston, Illinois
“Severely disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We went to Amami after reading all of the good reviews and wanting to support their sustainable/locally grown focus. We sat down and no one came to get our order (there was only one other table of 2 people there). We went up to the cash register to order and the waiter still did not take it for a few minutes (and then neglected to bring us half of our order). The omelet was undercooked/runny so we were not able to eat half of it (did not want to risk salmonella). The smoothie was average (definitely fruit and not syrup) but did not come until halfway through the meal. Coffee was weak and did not come with cream/milk. Fresh squeezed Oj was good. Maybe we just caught them on an off day but we won't be going back despite the good prices.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
good morning, I am Kristine, the owner of AMAMI. We were very sorry to read your review. Unfortunately that morning I had a problem and I have arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes after the opening time. Our chef opened the shop before my arrival thinking I would be there any minute and tried to do his best in order to cover for my absence but of course he was not able to do everything (take order, prepare smoothies, take care of the customers and prepare the food). I am very sorry that on this occasion our service was not up to our usual standards and I hope you will come back to enjoy the real AMAMI.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Amami is Miami Beach best kept secret!
Small and low key, with fresh and tasty food.
I had the risotto ai porcini and was excellent, al dente, made as if was made in Milan.
Matteo, the owner made sure everything was perfect, to the smallest detail.
I had the spaghetti alle vongole and was fantastic!
I send there all my guests when they ask me where can they have great italian food. I tell them "Amami".... and some of them came back to thank me....
Go, try it and you too will write a 5 star review!

• Visited February 2012
AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
thank you very much for your nice words! Come and try our new specials! :-)
Tampa, FL
“Great Food. Reasonable Prices. Nice Little Spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I found this place on TripAdvisor and I am glad I did. My family (6 of us) were in town for the weekend for the half marathon and ended up eating here twice, once for dinner before the race and once for breakfast the day after the race. The food was outstanding and the staff (I think it was the owners) for dinner were very nice. Service is a little slow but that is because the food is really good and made to order. Only complaint is communicating with the staff during breakfast when the owners weren't there was a little difficult but all in all still worth it. For dinner a lot of us had the special which was an arugula pesto over pasta and it was fantastic. For breakfast my dad and I got the ham and cheese croissant which had fresh soft mozzarella and prosciutto and it was really really good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
thank you for your review! Here at AMAMI everything is prepared to order, also to deal with personal food needs or allergies, so it is true that it might take 5 minutes longer than other places but everything is done personalized on you!
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

What a great place !! The people who work there are the best ...Don't miss this place !

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank bassking1115
AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
thank you! Hope to see you back soon!
Toronto, Canada
“Liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Had my breakfast there.Food was really good with reasonable price

AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
thank you! Come and try our lunch and dinner!