3,252 results
All reviews aveda products south beach pool area ocean view chairs and umbrellas beautiful hotel oceanfront room cab ride hotel restaurant private beach direct access to the beach beach service valet parking lincoln road beach towels wedding armand
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

The place is beautiful, nice and clean. Big and comfortable rooms. Good service and friendly staff. Great location, near the beach and other nice places to visit. The pool area is very nice surrounded by greenness. Had a nice time there.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jalta2014
Fritz C, Front Office Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Jalta,

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your visit. Visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I've been to Miami multiple times, but never had the chance to stay at the Palms Hotel & Spa but was not disappointed in my first stay. It started off a little rough at check-in as I requested a room away from the elevator when booking and they gave me a room not once, but twice by the elevator!! However, the wonderful Moises came to the rescue and corrected the issue immediately and upgraded my room for the inconvenience which was a special treat given it was my birthday weekend! The pool area was relaxing, the room was beyond clean and I'm still daydreaming about my time at the spa! Book here whenever you can - you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jasmine B
Fritz C, Front Office Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Jasmine,

Thank you very much for your five star review! I do apologize for the rooms near the elevator, but I am happy to hear we were able to remedy the situation. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Moises. Visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Before our Cruise through the Caribbean we stayed in The Palms Hotel & Spa for three nights. We loved it! It felt like a cosy Cuban hotel. And, we loved the breakfast.. To be honest, on our cruise we never had such a good start of the day ;)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review! Have fun on your cruise!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Came here after fleeing another hotel (the Shelborne) where the pool-facing 2BR luxury suite had been so noisy we could not sleep. The property is well-kept and recently renovated. We booked adjacent king bed rooms with city views. Everything was comfortable and clean, we slept well, and the overall price ($400 per room fully loaded) was OK given the prevalent rates for beachfront. We did not experience the pool...it was unusually cold those days....but we sat on the beach for an hour, and it's OK, with comfy chairs included in the obligatory resort fee.

One beef: the windows do not open, even a crack. This is increasingly common but is annoying, especially when you want to smell the sea and hear the waves.

Another beef: there is no hut tub, either indoors or out.

A third beef: they charge an extra $20 per use for the steam room in the spa (REALLY?)

Room Tip: The 12th floor (penthouse) has fewer rooms and a couple with spectacular balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your visit. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Palms!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Lets start from the positives: Staff & service at the spa was excellent. Excellent, attentive & quick service on the beach. The hotel is right on the beach which is great. And that is about it from the positive side. My room was not ready until 4.30pm (I arrived at 10:30am and they told me I was first on the waiting list and when the room becomes available they will call me - they never did call. You have to be prepared to wait all the time. Up to 20 min to get your car despite valet costing cool $41 per day (no self parking). You will then wait to be seated for the breakfast (15-20 min) and you will also wait for the elevators as there are only 2 and there were many guests. It does not end there - I was not able to get a bed on the beach as they run our of beds so I ended up on the sand as there were also no free bads around the pool. For such a luxury hotel I expected that they would have a big buffet breakfast but often the plates were empty and the variety of food was not great. All in all - I would never return nor would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
10  Thank Ana2575
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Ana,

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words regarding our staff and service at both the spa and the beach. Regarding the wait times for your car, breakfast and the elevator as well as the lack of lounge chairs at the pool and beach, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and would like to assure you that this is not the usual experience guests have while staying with us. Unfortunately, you were our guests during a time of extreme high demand, where we also had two of our four elevators out of service. In terms of parking there are a few on-street self-parking options which you may have preferred choosing during your stay, but again, valet doesn’t usually take long, unless there is extremely high demand. In regards to our breakfast buffet we do pride ourselves in the selection of omelets, yoghurts, fruits, pastries, salmon, cold cuts, cheeses, cereal, oatmeal, etc. that we offer, but yet again at periods of high demand it is possible that at times the buffet may runout quicker than it can be re-stocked. We try and avoid it, but are at times not successful. Please note that we also have an a la carte breakfast menu to fall back on in the buffet selection don’t seem appealing. Thank you again for all your comments, we will make sure to address them during potential periods of high demand in the future. We are always grateful for honest feedback to be able to refine our product and service day after day. Should you want to reach out to us directly, please do not hesitate to do so via: alma@thepalmshotel.com. And should your travels ever bring you back to Miami Beach, we hope to be able to welcome you again and show you a better experience.
Warm regards,