“Art Deco and More”

Art Deco Walks
Ranked #2 of 158 Tours in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the # 1 rated walking tour in South Beach! Marty & Paula are both accredited guides in the Art Deco Historic District & offer a variety of Art Deco walking & bike tours throughout the Miami Beach area. We take you on a journey of discovery as we show you the hidden secrets and gems that our wonderful slice of paradise has to offer. Tours are personalized to give you the ultimate historic, architectural and urban experience -- as well all the back stories from Carl ("Mr. Miami Beach") to Miami Vice and Versace. Marty & Paula are happy to meet you at your South Beach hotel to begin your tour, and will work with any special concerns, such as going to/coming from a cruise ship, so that you can experience first hand what makes Miami Beach the Art Deco capital of the world.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We contacted Art Deco Walks by email shortly after Christmas, and Paula responded promptly by email. We were able to take this tour on the day we requested, and were joined by just one other couple. Paula pointed out many features of the Art Deco style of architecture, as well as providing some historical background on both the Art Deco period and on Miami Beach. She took us into hotel lobbies to point out interesting features, and even up to the rooftop pool area of one hotel to provide us with a view of the area. We enjoyed this tour so much, we arranged to also meet up with Paula again a couple of days later to tour the street art of Wynwood. Highly recommend this company and their tours in Miami. May even try to arrange a tour in Warwickshire, UK, when we are next in the UK.

All reviews
"wealth of information"
in 6 reviews
"lincoln road"
in 32 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We took this tour the first day we were in South Beach with Marty as our guide. He was extremely nice and informative and we enjoyed the tour very much. I suggest doing this tour the first day since Marty gave us an insightful look at the architecture and was also very helpful in giving us an overview of south beach and what there is to do

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I enjoyed every part of this tour with Marty. It was comfortable, informative, and super useful - if you are interested in learning more about art deco and about South Beach, this is the tour to take. I suggest taking the tour early on your visit to South Beach, as it will help you enjoy the what else Miami Beach has in terms of architecture. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We spent a few days in South Beach over the holidays before a cruise and found Paula's site to gain a better understanding of the history and architecture of South Beach. She was so incredibly entertaining and we learned way more than expected. She took us inside lobbies of hotels, gave us info on the outside of the deco buildings that we didn't know (eyebrows, for example) and we wish the tour could have been longer! Definitely book a tour with her company and I guarantee you won't disappointed!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Got this tour for me and my girlfriend as a Christmas gift from my mother. Paola was an amazing tour guide, keeping us engaged at all times. She brought intriguing pictures to show us as she took us into the lobbies of several historic hotels. I am from the Miami region, but I learned so many things that I had never known before. The entire time, my girlfriend and I listened to everything she had to stay; she's truly a great storyteller and her passion for Art Deco architecture is very apparent. Would recommend to anyone!

Been to Art Deco Walks? Share your experiences!