“It's cute but not great.”
Review of Hotel Chelsea

Hotel Chelsea
Ranked #78 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Everything about the hotel is aesthetically appealing but the friendliness of the service is horrible. The prices at the restaurant were way too high. The so-called complimentary cocktail hour is at a bad time and only includes well spirits (not wine, or beer). There is no complimentary coffee in the room or otherwise. There never seems to be a housekeeper or maintenance on duty. The WiFi internet didn't work. One has to pay for parking at a garage four blocks away. We got a great deal on the internet, and honestly we were surprised with how sexy everything looked and felt, but the things that make a stay enjoyable were non-existent. I would only consider staying there again if I got a better deal than I already got, which was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Milesntraner,

We take a lot of time to train our staff to be accommodating and friendly. I am sorry to hear you feel that you did not receive that type of service during your stay with us in February. I would appreciate it if you could provide us with the name of the staff members whom you dealt with. Our hotels always have maintenance personnel and housekeeping staff on duty, however they might not always be available immediately. With regard to parking, we do provide valet parking at an additional fee. There is also street parking available on a first come basis which can be affordable for our guests. I apologize that you were satisfied with our in room amenities, however we have a sister hotel, the Riviera South Beach, which offers complimentary breakfast served poolside. We would love for you to give us another chance and allow us to give you a memorable experience. I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Chelsea

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I will start by saying that my office manager booked me for this hotel because of a convention I was attending in Miami Beach. If I was there as a tourist, I probably would have given a slightly higher review, so keep that in mind reading my comments.

Let me start by focusing on the good. The staff in general was excellent. For example, I needed a couple of local restaurants & the recommendations were perfect. Also my room, though small was clean and the bed was quiet comfortable. Free cocktails in the bar at happy hour was nice. Nice neighborhood and close to the beach.

On the negative - my first night I was in a room towards the back of the building. The closer you got to my room the more of a moldy seem was apparent. As I mentioned I am a business traveler, so to find out there was no wifi in the rooms was problematic since I am an early riser and like to get things done while all is quiet. When I called the front desk they said I needed to be in the bar or outside patio. Certainly when reading their description on expedia my office manager didn't pick that up. I also had to listen to the intermittent beeps from a smoker detector low on batteries at 5am.

The staff was kind enough to move my room closer to the front of the building, Not as smelly as the back of the building. The downside to this room was I was close to the lobby and bar area. I now had wifi, but was also woken up two night somewhere between 1-4am by either staff or tourist.

So if you are a business traveler this place gets a poor rating, if you are a causal traveler, out partying in S. Beach enjoy I'd give it an average rating.

Room Tip: Stay towards front of building, Maybe even 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RAK350
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

RAK350,

Please thank your office manager for booking your stay with us. I hope that reconsider your rating and give us another chance. We cater to all types of travelers, business, personal and party goers. Miami Beach in itself is considered a party hotspot so yes, we do tend to have more party goers thank anything else. However, we offer services for everyone, from happy hour to the free shuttle service. This is something that every traveler can enjoy. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I've got an issue with a reservation I've made with the hotel. However, I have been calling the hotel in an effort to speak to someone so the issue can be rectified prior to my arrival. After two hours worth of trying, still, no one has answered the phone. Now, I'm incredibly nervous about the quality of my upcoming stay. I pray this is not exemplary of the quality of service I will receive upon my arrival!

*Biting nails*

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank WellTraveledDoc

WellTraveledDoc,

I am sorry to hear that you couldn't get through with the phone number you were using. I would like to make sure you were calling the correct phone number by verifying it through our website. We have a phone number for the front desk of the hotel and one for reservations. I hope your stay was great.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

My girlfriends and I had a one night stay at this hotel last weekend and it was fabulous. Three of us squished in the small, deco ed out room with two dogs and somehow we made it work and had fun doing it. The staff was extremely accommodating with early check in and late check out. They gave us a room in the back because of less noise from or for the dogs. Parking the car was a reasonable price for Miami and after a night out at Fountaine blue( where they closed the bar at 1am) we surprisingly arrived back at our hotel to find our bar open until 3am! So we sat in the small, intimate bar area with our dogs and had a nice chat. This place was affordable and clean. It accepts dogs and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kara T
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Kara T,

I am so glad you and your girlfriends had a fabulous time during your stay at the Hotel Chelsea. Yes our hotel is considered Art Deco Boutique style and therefore they are considered smaller in size. We let our guests know this on our website. However, our rooms are still comfortable regardless of the size and hearing that three of you stood comfortably in one room is a reminder of this statement. Thank you for pointing out the great job the staff did during your stay? As you know all guest have unique needs and it is our staff's responsibility to make everyones stay memorable. We appreciate the great review and are thrilled to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I loved it, happy hour everyday from 7-8 and happy hour is free drinks...had a great singer outside on the deck...would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: rooms are all the same with no view but it doesn't matter..location, location, location
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank VinnyGoodwin

VinnyGoodwin,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay during your visit to Miami Beach in January. We do everything possible to provide our guest with great value at a reasonable price. We are pleased to hear you took advantage of our Hotel Happy Hour. Yes, not all of our rooms have views but we do have a lounge close to the bar that allows your to enjoy the view of Miami Beach, while enjoying a complimentary cocktail. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you soon.

Vibe Manger