Last year in November I booked the Riu Florida Beach
and was kind of dissapointed.
It was shown as a 4 star hotel and when you enter the
hotel it looks really nice. The lobby is huge, the front stuff
very nice (special thanks again to Silvia and Nuria - they
were really superkind!) but with this the PROs end.
The Location on Collins Avenue (ca 31st street) is kind of
ok, you have a small 10-15minutes walk to Lincoln Road and
if you add 10 more minutes you are at south beach, ocean Drive
or the clubs on Washington Avenue.
BUT, as I was there, directly in front of my window was a huge
construcion work going on, the road were also under recostruciton
and the "side sea view" was on a mess of construcition, flooded, with
seegrass already grown so I can not imagine, it was just for a week or
WiFi is not free, you have to pay and then... it did not work - they told me
it-s gonna be fixed within an hour or so, in fact during my whole stay I could
not get a internet connection so I had to go to the next starbucks, to check my
emails, check in for my flight etc. REALLY NOT COOL!
But I would like to finish with the worst: the rooms!
The rooms are spacious but old, ugly and somehow used up - stains on the
floor, old carpets, an unkind smell welcomes you. You feel like for the last 20
years this room was used and more or less nothing refurnished or redesigned!
Also the bathroom is more at 2 star level, then deserving 3 or 4. You got just one
liquid soap as showercreme and shampoo, it smells not nice, but fits very good to the overall grey and old fashioned style of the bathroom. The towels were not 100%ly white, even washed, there were some stains on them.
Oh, nearly forgotten one more pro: its really nice, if you want to go for a run in the morning, jogging on the beach or the boardwalk is easily possible, swimming in the ocean also, but the hotels swimming pool is way to small and nearly all chairs are reserved in a German-British war for "who gets most chairs blocked without beeing at the pool" annoying!!
My suggestion: after a makeover this could be a nice hotel, but in this condition - I would not stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach reopens after a refurbishment that has converted the facilities of the former Hotel Riu Florida Beach, renovating them completely in order to offer the best services for those travelling for business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Florida Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Riu Florida Beach Miami
- Riu Miami
- Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach Florida