“Best of South Beach”

Ranked #73 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
nj
“Best of South Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Our trip to South beach was greatly improved because of the attentiveness of this hotel. We were greeted by a pleasant staff, who took no time to introduce us to the secret treasures of south beach just a hsort walk away. The atmosphere was quaint and calm, but not far from the attractive night life of infamous south beach. The room was so clean and comfortable, from the bed to the temperature. I'm not usually one to EVER mention cleanliness, but I am telling you the amount of time the cleaning ladies must have spent cleaning really showed. We were tended to, hand and foot, with one of a kind personal service from the hotels own general manager, Michael as well as the rest of the staff. He helped us find our way around town, was there anytime we had a question or needed anything at all, (like having an umbrella and towels ready for us in case we needed them for the beach the next day-so thoughtful!)...we had a blast in South beach and this hotel was the positive attitude we needed every morning after our long nights!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here two nights for business this past September. New renovation and not the typical funky chic common to the area. More of a clean, euro style boutique hotel - a bit off the beaten path in South Beach, but close enough to walk to where you want to go.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Italia in late January for 2 nights before a Caribbean Cruise. The location was perfect, far enough away from the noise and crowds but close to enough to all the activities and attractions of South Beach. The room was large, spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. But best of all was the attentive and friendly staff who made us feel right at home. I cannot thank Michael enough, who went far out of his way to help us in those frantic moments just before check out when I found out I had won the lottery among Giants season ticket holders to attend the Super Bowl. Since I was leaving on a 12 day cruise that day, not to return until the morning before the Super Bowl, Michael assisted in making copies of my driving license, a letter of authorization , and other documents, and faxing them to my son to allow him to pick up the Super Bows tickets, and change my travel plans at the end of our cruise. Then, to top it all off, I was horrified to find out that I had left my drivers license with Michael at the front desk of the hotel. But not to worry. After calling Michael, he dropped what he was doing and immediately got into his car, and drove the 20 minutes to the cruise pier to personally deliver my drivers license! In all our years of travel, I have never seen any employee go out of their way to that extent. After enjoying an amazing Super Bowl game with my son, I will be forever indebted to him. We will always remember the Villa Italia and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stevenb1857
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We recently had a pleasant stay at the Villa Italia. The room was nicely furnished and clean with very nice bedding. The hotel is a short walk from the beach and the activities on Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive but in a quiet area. We were there during spring break and were undisturbed in our room. The staff was very pleasant and helpful suggesting restaurants and supplying beach towels etc. A good experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SSchramm79
Chesterfield, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. The whole property was clean and well designed. There was an inviting patio where we enjoyed a "free breakfast". The service was impeccable and extremely accommodating. Thank you, Michael, for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family