“18% tip included a bit presumptuous”
Review of Cavalier Crab Shack - CLOSED

Cavalier Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were on South Beach for the afternoon and didn't want to venture much further than our spot at 13th and Ocean. The first warning should have been that it was empty beside a packed patio next to it. The second indication that something wasn't quite right was that when asking for a regular sized margarita, we were pointed to a display which showed a glass the size of our head for $25. Despite the fact that the menu had reasonably priced drinks it seemed at that time of day we were only allowed to have their massive alcoholic drink. Though we did want a couple of margaritas, we just went with a bottle of beer and a diet coke instead. This may have been language barrier issues but I happen to think the server's language skills were better than he let on.

The menu is so huge that we just ordered a sandwich platter for the both of us which was equally huge. Extremely tasty but the "bun to weenie" ratio was off, meaning there was very little inside the sandwiches for the amount of bread. Great sweet potato fries and deep fried green beans.

This was our first and only meal on Ocean Drive so I was a bit surprised to see the 18% included tip so I'd like to warn customers about that.

Great potential from the kitchen but a bit of a tourist trap if you're not careful. Thankfully we didn't become the next victim.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is the worse we test in Miami.
My wife ended her dinner around 15mn before my son and I were served !!! We wait more than 30mn for 2 little hamburgers and french fries (I'm still looking for the avocado in mine ...)
They don't ask cook for meat.
We ask for a little alcohol free mojito for my son and paid $15 for ice mint and lemon !!
Let have a look on picture !!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I think the price was fair for the quality and the fact that it is in miami beach in ocean drive.
The service was correct, not too slow not too fast. The waiter was quite friendly.
But the the gratuity (18 %) is already included in the bill, which i found not cool. So no need to add it again.
food quality was correct.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

It is my first dinner in this restaurant. I liked it but nothing special, the service was slow to get my order.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went there for dinner....food was less than average and in the smallest print possible, it says an automatic 18% tip is added.... who reads the fine print by candlelight.... I added a 20% when we finished the meal...when we complained the next morning, we were told "all the restaurants automatically charge the tip" .... So beware!!!!!

We would have settled for free drinks as compensation....didn't get them...
Skip this restaurant!