Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

from USD 50.28
from USD 45.00
from USD 52.95
More Info
All reviews center for the performing arts companies performed tickets company choreographer costumes stage miami
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Miami City Ballet is one of our city’s greatest and most beloved treasures. In its more than 30 years, it has emerged to become one of the leading dance companies in the United States. Each and every performance by Miami City Ballet that I have attended, has been beautifully and flawlessly executed. Although I have enjoyed many of the ballets in its repertoire, I’m noting the production of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker which they performed at the Ziff Ballet Opera House at The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts this past December. As this was a new production with updated costumes and set designs by the famous team of Isabel and Ruben Toledo, I had secured front row seats where I could view the performance, the artistry, the costumes and the orchestra from my enviable vantage point. I hoped that the redesign would live up to the buzz that had surrounded it for months. Miami City Ballet didn’t disappoint, and the great reveal was worth the wait. As much as I loved the previous version, which I had seen several times, this new production was stellar, gorgeous and glorious. The costumes, which invoked the tropical colors of South Florida, featured intricate designs, updated silhouettes and moved beautifully on the dancers. Large new sets made for grandeur and fantasyland on the stage. Special effects enhanced the backdrop and made the opening snow scene and the soaring Christmas tree particularly enchanting and memorable. Most important, the dancers were effervescent, exuberant and a joy to watch. Even the program was special with whimsical and lovely illustrations by Ruben Toledo. My favorite scene: Arabian Coffee in her beautiful jewel-toned costume, her languid and sinuous movements combined spectacular jumps! The enthusiasm of the orchestra in unison with the artistry of the dancers made for a phenomenal and magical performance. Continued success and well-deserved applause Miami City Ballet!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I recently saw Miami City Ballet perform and it confirmed everything I’ve read about the company, and performances I’ve seen in the past of it and other companies. This is one of the great companies in the world. They dance the ballets of the great choreographer Georges Balanchine better than any other company around as well more modern choreographers like Justin Peck. They possess energy, talent, wit and offer a fresh look at some of the great classics. If you are in Miami between October and March make sure you get tickets to see this company perform! If you’re not a ballet lover now, you’ll be one by the end of the evening.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

My child attends Miami City Ballet and she loves it! She has improved so much and looks forward to going every week! We love her teacher that she has had for 2 years, Ms. Kris! Thank you for helping my daughter improve!

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

My child attends Miami City Ballet to learn more about being a ballerina. She has improved so much and has had so much fun! Thank you to her awesome teacher Ms. Chris. The staff was so nice and my daughter loves it there!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Went for the first time with my daughter . Great welcome , answers to questions .
Store open , area clean , people smiling.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We saw the Miami City Ballet in its visit to New York's Lincoln Center. This is a world class company, easily the equal of the New York City Ballet or the Bolshoi! See it soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

I have never seen this troupe before but have been to the NYC ballet over the past 30 years on a few occasions. I have also been a subscriber off and on to the Boston Ballet (they "struggle.")I can only speak to last night's performance but it was a marvelous experience! I daresay the evening was more memorable than my most recent NYCB one in 2010.They performed Peck, Taylor, and Balanchine. All were executed with energy, enthusiasm, and unbelievable technical skill--particularly the corps. Balanchine's "Bourree Fantasque" was unforgettable! See them!

Reviewed 30 November 2015

Dancers performance was great but absence of live orchestra is very disappointing. I just called about 2015 winter season performance and again it will be with recorded music. This is the reason we are not going to attend .

1  Thank Tanyusik
Reviewed 27 January 2015

If you're going to be in Miami, or anywhere in South Florida, check this dance company's scedule. It's a terrific dance company.

2  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed 3 January 2015

...enjoyed "The Nutcracker" performed by Miami City Ballet. This is a good regional company. I was impressed. The performance was better than I expected it to be. The theater was nice, too.