“Pleasure Dining”
Review of The Fish on 1826

The Fish on 1826
Ranked #385 of 1,219 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Description: This 4 story restaurant/lounge is a modern location, centered in the scene of miami beach. The Fish on 1826 is a Seafood concept style restaurant. The dishes are creatively designed by a well-known and very talented chef. Along with our restaurant, the location has a lounge on the third floor that serves innovative cocktails as well as many other drink specials, like champagne with seafood towers.
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Fresh halibut was delicious with vegetables service was very good and welcoming good music with atmosphere and lovely surrounding will recommend to friends

Thefishon, marketer at The Fish on 1826, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review, hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and on first impressions it has beautiful decor and attentive waiters...despite the slightly too loud celine Dion and other warbling female singers blasting out continually in the background. We ordered squid for starters and clam spaghetti (usually known as spaghetti Vongole) for main. We thought the starter was tiny...a few mouthfuls of over cooked squid and an odd sauce. However if we thought that was small the clam spaghetti main course was a joke...literally the smallest bowl of spaghetti I’ve even seen...4 forkfuls and 6 clams each and we were done...all for an extortionate price. The spaghetti had no taste...certainly not the oily garlic delight it was advertised as. We paid the bill and as there is always an excessive service charge included I didn’t leave an additional tip. I was owed change but the waiter came over 5 minutes after taking my money asking very loudly in front of other guests did I expect change. I said yes I did. He stormed off and after 10 minutes still hadn’t returned. We left without our money. So this is really poor quality food at an excessive price...especially when they keep your change and behave so unprofessionally in doing so.

1  Thank Jules M

Sorry for your lack of delight in the food. We do have a unique restaurant with out of the ordinary dishes. If you do have an issue with the employee behaving unprofessionally please address our manager he would be happy to accommodate you in other ways.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Fairly new restaurant... first impressions were good, lovely room, friendly staff, good service. Food was really nice overall and we don’t ever mind the cost of a great meal although I would describe it as nice, not fantastic. But the cost of the wine... really!?! $17 min for a small glass of distinctly average wine... so final bill for a just ‘ok’ night felt extortionate ($240 for 2 people inc tax/service). It’s true we could have avoided having wine but that’s part of the evening and therefore needs to be part of the review. No one wants to feel ripped off so The Fish on 1826 won’t be a favourite.

Thefishon, Marketer at The Fish on 1826, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the evening to the fullest. We aim to please all our our guests. Unfortunately the resort fees and taxes in the highly populated and touristy area is out of our control. Thank you for dining with us. Hope to impress you with our food and lounge parties next time.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I ordered the mushroom ravioli but it came out cold and it tasted bad. I asked for it to be heated up but, all that did was make it hot and bad tasting. The server could see immediately that I didn't like it and offered to make something else. I refused, I was just so turned off by the taste... it was that bad... and he started treating me like I had done something wrong. He was not nice after that. My husband enjoyed his meal very much and, if the server hadn't become so rude, I may not have even rated this restaurant since my husband had a wonderful meal but, he was also put off by the attitude so, we didn't linger and have drinks like we had planned to, we just got out of there asap.

We apologize on behalf of our staff member. Please dont hesitiate to speak to our floor manager next time. We definielty want to make things enjoyable for all memebers of the party.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Lovely restaurant and service. Easy walk from our stay at The Shore Club - right across the street. Great atmosphere.

Thefishon, Marketer at The Fish on 1826, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

We’re so glad you had a great experience!