“Ok hotel”

Ranked #131 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Baltimore
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We loved the location. We ran every morning into South Beach and that is the BEST. The out door bar next door was great! Pool was nice a clean. They do charge for a chair at the beach, but it is a nice clean short beach.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hallway. People are there to party and some to fight with the signific...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at this same hotel a few years ago, and was satisfied. I felt the same way after staying there last night. As SPG Platinum member, was automatically upgraded to an executive suite on the 7th floor facing the ocean. Fold out couch with large screen TV in other room. Bathroom was simple with poor water pressure in the shower. Sheets and blankets were of low quality. Still, the place was generally clean and quiet after 10 p.m. SPG Platinum amenity was a $5 full buffet breakfast. Free water in room was a nice touch. $29 valet overnight parking. Valet service was friendly and efficient, as was front desk.

Whirlpool and spa were both good, and I enjoyed the boardwalk. Be advised, there ARE NO RESTAURANTS anywhere within easy walking distance, except a Carrabas (which was not good).

I usually stay at Westin, Luxury Collection, and Sheraton hotels in the SGP group. Four Points is a big step down.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PAQ
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The rooms are very clean and the beds were comfy. Service at this Four Points was excellent. All of the staff beginning with the valet, were courteous.

The front desk Mgr. Watson was very attentive to our needs and went out of his way to take care of our requests personally.

The bartender, Fernando, makes a 'mean' Mojito and a knock-out 'Adios'! Wait til he comes on shift for your drinks.

Overall, a great place to stay when visiting Miami.

• Stayed February 2012
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Unfortunately, I am staying here now. I arrived last night and after walking into my musty smelling room, I discovered an unfushed toilet and dirty wine glass. Bad enough, but when I called the front desk, I was left on hold for five minutes, and after explaining my problem, I was told they would try to get someone from housekeeping to come up. After a bit of back and forth, I asked to have my room changed. They said they did not have another room, except with a small bed. I said fine. After waiting for ten minutes for a staff person to meet me at the new room, I walked into a furnace. I asked the hotel staff to get it resolved. After about fifteeen minutes, I called the front desk, and was left on hold for another ten minutes. No one showed up. I then went downstairs and waited in line to speak with some at the front desk. I told them I was going out and they indiciated they would resolve. When I returned an hour later, the room was even hotter. After another call and being left on hold, an engineer eventually showed up and fixed the problem.

Did I mention, the rooms are old, musty, tired and uncomfortable. Avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jonathon S

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our four nights at the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach were perhaps one of our worse experiences ever... The hotel is old, badly needing a refurbishing. Staff was simply incompetent. It took at least 20 minutes to have our car delivered, despeite the 29 dollars/day payed for valet service. Front desk was confuse and totally incompetent. To top it all, all three elevators broke down one night, forcing us (my wife and I in the late 60's) to utilize the stairs to be able to go to our room in the 8th floor. And to top it all, no one seemed to care, no one ever apologized for the inconvenience. In one word: UNBELIEVABLE! Never more...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family