Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Ranked #135 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Unfortunately, I am staying here now. I arrived last night and after walking into my musty smelling room, I discovered an unfushed toilet and dirty wine glass. Bad enough, but when I called the front desk, I was left on hold for five minutes, and after explaining my problem, I was told they would try to get someone from housekeeping to come up. After a bit of back and forth, I asked to have my room changed. They said they did not have another room, except with a small bed. I said fine. After waiting for ten minutes for a staff person to meet me at the new room, I walked into a furnace. I asked the hotel staff to get it resolved. After about fifteeen minutes, I called the front desk, and was left on hold for another ten minutes. No one showed up. I then went downstairs and waited in line to speak with some at the front desk. I told them I was going out and they indiciated they would resolve. When I returned an hour later, the room was even hotter. After another call and being left on hold, an engineer eventually showed up and fixed the problem.

Did I mention, the rooms are old, musty, tired and uncomfortable. Avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jonathon S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our four nights at the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach were perhaps one of our worse experiences ever... The hotel is old, badly needing a refurbishing. Staff was simply incompetent. It took at least 20 minutes to have our car delivered, despeite the 29 dollars/day payed for valet service. Front desk was confuse and totally incompetent. To top it all, all three elevators broke down one night, forcing us (my wife and I in the late 60's) to utilize the stairs to be able to go to our room in the 8th floor. And to top it all, no one seemed to care, no one ever apologized for the inconvenience. In one word: UNBELIEVABLE! Never more...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ASCSALLES
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here for the Miami Boat Show on Starwood Points and found the whole stay to be acceptable. It is a Four Points, afterall. Pluses- the free water bottles in the room, a 24 hour heated pool, new equipment in the fitness center and location on the beach. It is right next door to the Fontainbleu and the Holiday Inn. The front desk, restaurant staff, valet and bellhops were REALLY trying and mostly quite helpful. There was a free shuttle to the Miami Boat Show right across the street. Cons- outdated hotel room, no upgrades or special SPG benefits, crummy and uninterested concierge services, broken door lock that would not shut without a key in it and no real food options within walking distance. For us, it did the trick but for a fantastic South Beach experience- look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 57alisonm
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here for the 2nd time this winter and I loved it. The first time was in november and now I stayed for 5 days January 27-Feb 1 The room was small but otherwise clean. The bedding was just beautiful and comfortable.(WHITE LINEN) I really wanted a suite but was unavailable since the hotel was booked solid(Hope next time) The lobby is big and beautiful. coffee and tea is for free and I enjoyed it anytime I needed it. The pool area and back grounds are just stunning. The location of this Hotel is why I love coming back. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Next time I come back to Miami Beach I would come again here.

Room Tip: Never to close to the elevators since its quite noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a hotel where you go with a couple buddies for one night max because of the location but nothing more. Because of the lack of availability in downtown Miami I ended up here for 5 nights and this was easily the worst hotel I've stayed at in the last 5 years. The employees have no perception of customer service, the food is awful and overpriced and the rooms have technology from the stone age. I think part of the reason the customer service is so bad is because they take 15% gratuity out of everything they do. Strange because I stayed at a 4 star at Brickell 4 months earlier and they didn't do that. The first 2 days I would come back to 2 bottles of water in my room. The next 2? None and I called down to the desk to see if I could walk down and get some and they said they'll send some up. Neither time did they come up or even call back. That was a slap in the face. Then they have 16 yr old girls working in the diner who don't understand the high level of service that should come with $34 dinners. Literally no one else in the diner and our food came out cold and appetizers came out literally 30 seconds before the dinner. We had coupons to get free appetizers(given by the front desk) so I gave them to her and they were of course not on my dinner bill. Then I checked my hotel bill the next day and the girl added them as a separate bill and signed my name! Obviously I had them remove that but I guess fraud is acceptable to their staff. Why would she sneak those charges on me anyways after we gave her the coupons? Who knows but this place sucks and I'll make sure anyone I know never ends up here. Also, there are no restaurants within walking distance here so the food can't easily be avoided.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business