3,113 results
All reviews blt popovers rolling stones ocean drive tv in the mirror colonial style south beach rooftop deck boutique hotel art deco boucher brothers beautiful hotel lobby bar small hotel beach service people watching lincoln road
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I walked in with my date to have breakfast on Thanksgiving weekend. The place was really busy but our service was timely and the food was great! Martin saw to it that the time we spent there turned into a memory we'll always remember. Thanks Martin!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BetsyManagement, Owner at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Tom A,

Martin is one of our super team members. We have so many. Thank you for mentioning him by name. It makes our team members feel amazing to be mentioned by name for their commitment to luxury service. Even when we're busy, our team is trained to step up and make you feel special.

Thanks for writing.

Vice President, The Betsy hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Down here for Business and Art Basel. The Betsy is absolutely a jewel on South Beach.
YUSELY and LUCAS were flawless and very helpful at the front desk.
EVANS and JUAN were always attentive and catered to our needs almost without having to ask. They were like mind readers.
OMAR the concierge helped my girlfriend out of a jam and got her an emergency appointment for fixing a Hair Disaster.
Incredible.
Treat yourself to a stay at the Betsy.
You will fall in love with this place.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear WDWr,

We love all of our guests. It's extra special when someone helps us to spread the word about who we are, to encourage others to explore The Betsy.

From Omar, to Yusely to Lucas, and not to mention Evans and Juan ... you call them mind readers! What an amazing compliment.

Thanks for the review, and with best wishes,

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed in a nice, clean and comfortable room in the new art deco wing of the Betsy hotel. Its location is perfect at the 'busy' Ocean Drive.
We enjoyed our stay : the staff was very professional and customer-friendly, they really made us feel at home.
Breakfast is top : excellent fruit salads, delicious Danish pastries, ... !
We also had fantastic salads with delicious pop over bread on the terrace during lunch.
Unfortunately, the quality of the food at dinner time was not that good. Too many customers are not a good excuse for overcooked chicken and forgotten fries ...
It has to be said, the price of the meals is a bit too high. Note that a 20 % (!) tip is automatically added to the bill ...

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BetsyManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for your choosing to stay with us and your review of “our perfect location”. I was pleased to read you found our staff friendly and professional and enjoyed our pastries and salads for breakfast and lunch. All of your comments have been shared with our team, including the fact that your dinner was less than perfect. Here at The Betsy and LT Steak & Seafood, we take great pride in providing cozy, comfortable rooms, delicious food and personal service. I welcome you to contact me directly with more details regarding your dinner so I can personally review what went wrong, how it happened and make sure, that, whatever it was, is not repeated. Please understand the 20% gratuity is a common practice and diners can request to lessen or remove the gratuity if they feel that service was not optimal. I am glad your overall experience was enjoyable and hope when you find yourself in Miami Beach again, you will stay with us again, and contact me directly.

Ed Ponder
Director of Guest Services
The Betsy - South Beach

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Recently stayed at the Betsy with family over Thanksgiving. The newly opened rooftop pool and gourmet pizza restaurant were fabulous. Always impeccable friendly service from all staff and amazing food at this boutique hotel. Perfectly furnished rooms and beautiful newly expanded wing. Rooftop sunrise yoga had excellent instructors. Jazz. Great location. We would return to the Betsy.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear pld232017,

So glad to hear you tried out our pizza at The Alley. We are hearing such good news about this new eatery, located right on our property.

Glad too that your room was great, and you enjoyed yoga, jazz, and everything else.

Please make sure to let us know when you're coming back,

Reviewed 3 December 2017

For sure I can understand the comments around friendly staff, great location and a good base to visit the beach and downtown nightlife.
However, we stayed for 3 nights before travelling down the Keys and this hotel left me asking if the overall experience was good and I have to say yes/no.
We booked a superior double king suite with balcony and it was very pleasant with plenty of space.
But if you are a little limited in mobility you really would have found the route a bit of a pain. Take the lift from the front building up to level 3. March down and around the corridors until you enter the second building via a connecting passage. Then find the lift and go down to the second level for our suite, walk some more corridors and then eureka - we arrived!
Interestingly I can only ever ringing once the front desk at all our previous hotel visits, but here niggling things to ring about. Tried to watch the TV but no remote, each night either the coffee/milk/mugs hadn't been replaced, one piece of memorabilia left on the side of no value but sentimental was removed presumably in the trash.
The breakfast is woefully expensive for what it is - we tried once then walked 200 yards to the Penguin hotel on the same street and sat outside and enjoyed the same view with a great breakfast at half the price with many options.
No doubting if you enjoy the arts, want a grand location, can put up with marching all over the place to get to your room, don't mind spending plenty of money without undue concern for 'bang for your buck' then great.
Personally this is the worst rating I have given in any review so far and we left with a feeling that it was good but care needed around the mundane points that separate the average from the excellent - plus the costs were too high for the offering.

3  Thank sandyman57

Dera Sandyman57,

I was reviewing our tripadvisor site today and came upon this review. First I want to apologize to you that no one responded to you in this public forum. Please see my email address below, because I would like to connect.

We are family owned and operated. We care so much about each and every guest AND it pains me to read that this is the worst rating you've ever given a hotel. We can do so much better, and as you can read from our many reviews, most of the time we do.

Can we connect for a longer conversation?

dbriggs@thebetsyhotel.com