“Not for Everyone”

K Ramen. Burger. Beer
Reserve with OpenTable
K Ramen. Burger. Beer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #324 of 1,218 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Description: The eclectic menu features Japanese-inspired favorites like the K Burger, Spicy Creamy Tuna "K Poke" as well as small bites including Calamari with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce and Tater Tots with Duck Fat Drizzle.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visited this past weekend - based on IG recommendation. First impression very small quaint location , which I like. Host and waitress were pleasant. Service was quick. Food ? not what I expected - I order calamari and sushi roll - both lacked flavor and not as expected. My friend order a ramen bowl - flavor was food, however noodles were raw. We also order tater tots which were good. our whole experience last less than an hour. That's it.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I was disappointed because the ramen was not served hot. The noodles were chewy and tasted like instant noodles. The broth tasted good but overall not a happy experience. The restaurant is in the basement and it was very dark with few patrons in the evening dinner time.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Not a bad place for a beer and noodles broth was flavored well but not very hot temperature wise. Cold beer but they were out of spicy edamame.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

After having a so-so bowl of ramen at Hayato Miami, I had my doubts about noodles in Miami. But, you’ll never know unless you try!

ATMOSPHERE:
Totally young and hip. Located on the first level of the Townhouse Hotel, the place was part ramen shop, part karaoke lounge, part nightclub - sort of. A DJ was spinning a mix of genres and karaoke was available. There was no traditional ramen counter, just bar/low/high tops.

MENU:
A plethora of cocktails, beer, wine and sake. Salads, Japanese apps, hand rolls, a sole burger, ramen in five varieties and dessert.

FOOD:
Pan Seared Pork Gyoza - $9.00
The five medium-sized pieces looked and tasted like they were deep-fried but were actually pan seared to crispy perfection. The amount of pork filling was average with a mainstream factor.

Chicken Wings - $10.00
My spouse's choice as I cannot fathom paying for overpriced wings. All we got were five measly pieces. The sweet and spicy sauce garnered a heat rating of 3 on a 5 scale. I guess the tasty sauce made up for the ridiculous price, LOL.

Shoyu Ramen - $14.00
Finally, a searing hot bowl of ramen! Thank you! The shoyu broth was beefy, creamy and slightly oily. Chashu chicken, a first for me, was a surprisingly tasty idea. The unseasoned egg was perfectly gooey and the noodles nice and chewy. Room has been made on my top 5 shoyu broths list! Highly recommended for the shoyu fan.

Tonkotsu Pork Ramen - $16.00
My spouse's dish. How do you run out of chashu? That said, it was substituted with their chicken chashu. The spoonful of broth I tasted wasn't searing hot, unfortunately, but had a good creamy-savory flavor. He disliked the straight noodles that reminded him of thin spaghetti so a lot went uneaten.

SERVICE:
Greeting was immediate and we easily got a seat due to our dining time of 12am. Our server was friendly and professional.

TIP:
An automatic 18% tip is tacked on.

OVERALL:
A good shoyu broth is hard to come by and these guys knocked it out of the park for me. That 5th star was so close but my spouse’s not-so-searing-hot broth and unobtainable chashu were the deciding factors for my final rating.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We ordered the chicken wings, calamari, and spicy lobster ramen. The spicy lobster ramen was so delicious. Only complaint was there was only a few small pieces of lobster. The soup was so yummy. In order to not waste the soup, we ended up ordering extra noodles and then finished the soup :) Will come back again!